Forums Latest Members
  1. Wongo May 29, 2015

I brought a Cal 561 Constellation but the medallion on the back is quite worn, is it possible to replace the medallion or do I need to buy a brand new back?
    Also the crystal is pretty messed up so might need to change that also
    What kind of damage am I looking at on top on my impulse buying.... Could not resist a black dial, gold writing, cross hair pie pan dial... just a tat messed up.
    Photos later, not got or seen the watch yet.

2. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers May 29, 2015

I think the medallions are well and truly fixed in -and if they have been removed it's usually for smelting as I can't imagine they 'come out pretty'
    I've not seen a back with a gold medallion up for sale -but somebody might have one lying around.
    -knowing what case type you bought would be useful (essential) -press in/screw in
    I think most folks just accept a worn medallion as a sign of the watch's history.
    new Omega crystal is around £30 ($45) and worth every penny for what it does to the way a watch looks
    would be good to see pics when you get them

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 29, 2015

I have never heard of genuine medallions being sold by Omega. I don't think they would be compatible with casebacks made by different manufacturers for Omega, even if the same case reference number.

You would need a whole new case back. These are no longer sold by Omega. Best bet is to buy a non-runner for the case. But these movements are so good and the watches are collectible. Easier said than done.

Crystal replacement should run about $50 at a decent watchmaker if they can get access to parts.

Now you see why nice examples of Constellations are getting expensive.
    gatorcpa

4. Wongo May 29, 2015

2 words.... O dear....
    Guess its one of those wear till luck comes,pick up cheap for stripping... which is highly unlikely in the current market....
    My watch is sitting 5000+ miles away. Hopefully I'll get them within a month.
    Once I get it all patched up will show it up here.

Edited May 29, 2015
  5. Wongo May 29, 2015

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg At the mean time, enjoy my new gold bumper

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 29, 2015

Now that watch needs nothing, except possibly a routine service.
    gatorcpa