Forums Latest Members
  1. onlyomega94 Sep 14, 2020

I am the proud owner of a newly serviced Seamaster 600, ref. 135.011, cal. 601 in stainless steel from 1962 that I use as my daily wearer. As most people from Copenhagen, I ride my bicycle wherever I go which on average is about 10 km a day. This of course includes bumps when going over curbs, cobblestones etc that transfer from the handlebars to the wrists.

My question is: can my watch cope with these bumps on a everyday basis or will I have to take it off and put it in my jacket when going somewhere?

Thanks,

2. malilis Sep 14, 2020

Hi ! If this watch cannot ride a bicycle, it is not worth having it ..!:thumbsup: just keep it and dont worry !

3. ZIELSZIEK Sep 14, 2020

The movement has shock protection. I am pretty sure it can.
    I wear a mordern automatic watch while biking and I have never had an issue.

4. Canuck Sep 14, 2020

It is not so much the number of “bumps” as it is the size and frequency of the occasional BIG bump. If you had a 1962 automobile, would you drive it every day?

5. Marsimaxam Sep 14, 2020

Watches are designed to handle normal wear and tear, and riding a bicycle definitely falls under the category of normal wear and tear. I'd be more concerned if you fall off the bike, or crash into a wall, bike or car. You are more likely to damage your watch by dropping it, and winding it on your wrist then riding a bicycle.
    So unless you plan on falling off your bike, running into walls or any other stationary object... enjoy riding with your watch.

Edited Sep 14, 2020
  6. onlyomega94 Sep 14, 2020

Thanks for the replies. I will keep riding with my watch!

trumpetera and Marsimaxam like this.