Forums Latest Members

How I made a fake advertisment for my PloProf

1. Dor_42 Jan 6, 2021

***The final image will not be posted here due to its NSFW nature but I still wanted to share the process of making it.
    I will include a link to an outside source that has it, click through at your own risk!

So it all started with an idea, not sure how I got it but we don't always control our thoughts right?!
    The idea was to make an advertisement for a diving watch (my PloProf) featuring a male pleasuring a female with the caption "The Ultimate Divers Watch" with diving being associated with the described act.

Obviously the trickiest part was to get the right photo, in which the act is taking place while the male has his wrist visible in the shot so I could place the watch using photoshop.
    The other option was to take the photo myself but my wife would never say yes to this and I could not find any local volunteers (and I was not going to send my watch to some random guy just for the sake of getting the shot).
    I could have tried finding the right shot on an adult site featuring this kind of content but I did not want to make any copyright infringements by working on this personal project made for the sake of comedy alone.
    Not being able to get the needed shot I kind of forgot about it and gave up on it.

Then about 2 weeks ago I had a eureka moment "Why not hire a model on Fiverr?"
    So I signed up, messaged some models and presented the idea to them in the most respectable way possible, after all I did not want to offend anyone by making this.
    Unfortunately none agreed, which sent me looking on stock photo sites, adult stock photo sites (yes those exist) and I even searched for the Fiverr equivalent for adult content.

During my search I stumbled upon a post on a known site with over 100k active communities, the post was from about 6 years ago and the OP was looking for a platform for adult stcok photos for a design project he was working on. Most of the comments mentioned sites I already been to or sites that were since gone but one comment referred him to a different community on that same site in which people enjoy to share their own personal (and exposed) photos, the comment suggested that he should try and contact some people on that community and ask them if he can use their content with their permission of course.
    I followed that suggestion and sent some private messages myself, my case was a bit different because the shot I needed did not exist, I had to make a special request to get the right shot with the right angle and wrist placement.

Most of the people I messaged did not reply, some asked for more info and declined, some said they will think about it, some said yes and I never heard back but one couple actually went through with it and sent me to shots they took in an attempt to get me what I wanted - they even did it for free! (some asked for money which I agreed to but then never heard from again).

With the biggest obstacle out of the way I had to take some shots myself in order to place the watch on the subject's wrist. It had to be the right angle in order to look good, the position had to be similar to the one in the photo I got from the couple, the closer it is the more natural it will appear once added to the photo.
    The way I ended up doing it was by putting a black sock on my hand, then the watch on my wrist and I took the shot with a white wall as my background, this made the editing pretty easy cause I only had to remove solid colors without many reflections and other things that can make cutting an object from a photo much harder-
    IMG_8170.jpg

I used this as a reference for what I was going for with the design-
    [​IMG]

So I needed the front shot as well. For that I used a green sheet of paper - again the one solid color makes it much easier to edit out-
    IMG_8193.jpg
    I placed a small piece of plastic between the bottom of the case and the bracelet to get the right angle and "tension" on the shark mesh, otherwise it would "collapse" in itself and wont give the same effect.

Once I had everything I loaded it all to photoshop, edited everything for a few hours, added some lighting effects, adjusted colors, changed the background of the photo I got from the couple (the original shot had a plain wall, I decided to upgrade them to a room with some ocean view, after all they had been nice enough to give me the photo) some finishing touches and it was ready!

Just before I hit "Post" I made sure the trademark rules in Switzerland treat the use of trademarks for parody/satire purposes the same as the US (allowed) and released it to the world.

This is not my profession, still I enjoyed the process of setting a goal and achieving it while going through an interesting process.
    I thought it could be fun to share.

All was done with no connection to Omega and with the intention of providing some humorous / satirical content.

To see the final shot you can follow this link to my Instagram account (I made some changed due to the square proportions of the platform), or you could PM me and I will gladly send you the original.

Again, following the link is at your own risk due to the mild nudity that is in the photo-
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CJrh-t7Av_U/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I already have an idea for my next project involving a Speedmaster, stay tuned ;)

Edited Jan 6, 2021
    Zdzislaw, red crowned, duc and 8 others like this.
  2. kov Trüffelschwein. Jan 6, 2021

No IG account, no party. Must login to see the content behind the link. :(

3. Dor_42 Jan 6, 2021

;)

4. alefar Jan 6, 2021

Wow i love the commitment into making this! Great idea, looking forward to the speedmaster ad!

Zdzislaw and Dor_42 like this.
  5. vlaspri Jan 6, 2021

Dear @Dor_42 we are waiting for more hilarious fake adds on Omega watches!

Zdzislaw, Mark020 and Dor_42 like this.
  6. neilfrancis Jan 6, 2021

7. cvalue13 Jan 6, 2021

I can’t imagine why

“Hello, Model? Yes, you see, I’m a watch nerd with a great idea about a fake add for a watch you’ve never heard of. A watch for SCUBA divers.”

“Uh, like, ok, what’s the idea.”

“Have you ever heard the phrase ‘muff diver’ [giggles incessantly]”

8. janice&fred Jan 6, 2021

Heck seeing as my better half is an actress in that industry she could have brought your watch to San Fernando Valley in person and gotten the shots you needed.*

*I'm sooo dead :D

9. cvalue13 Jan 6, 2021

::popcorn::

Zdzislaw, alefar, Dor_42 and 2 others like this.
  10. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jan 6, 2021

That’s one sexually prejudiced fake ad (certainly the homosexuals (male and female) amongst us are feeling discriminated against(and rightly so)) :eek::eek::eek:

::stirthepot::

Zdzislaw, kov and janice&fred like this.
  11. Dor_42 Jan 6, 2021

Did you just assume the gender of the photographed couple?!

Zdzislaw, alefar, Dries and 1 other person like this.
  12. yvrclimber Jan 6, 2021

Ha ha certainly brought out a chuckle. "Got WR?"

13. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jan 6, 2021

Moot point! Whatever their gender, the other camps will feel left out!

Zdzislaw likes this.
  14. redpcar Jan 6, 2021

I have to admit, I did giggle.
    That said, Omega might not have the same sense of humor using their trademark.

Zdzislaw, cvalue13 and Nobel Prize like this.
  15. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 6, 2021

I must say the explanation and process sound much riskier than the final shot, which is actually quite nicely done and tasteful (if a little cheeky).

That said, not sure how you get away with it and I'd expect a cease and desist from Omega at some point.

S

Zdzislaw, Dor_42 and eugeneandresson like this.
  16. janice&fred Jan 6, 2021

Either that or an endorsement deal :D

17. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 6, 2021

I do think it's a good add...on the final result. I thought it was a horrible, if funny idea as I was reading it.

Good Job!

18. Dor_42 Jan 6, 2021

Anyway, I did not mean to discriminate or offend any camp!
    Unfortunately I could not make every possible version of this ad so everyone is pleased, maybe you’ll like the next project better!

Zdzislaw and eugeneandresson like this.
  19. Dor_42 Jan 6, 2021

I hope it won’t come to that!
    As I mentioned in my post this should be fine due to the satirical nature of the content and the added disclaimer but if they come for me I’ll remove it without trying to fight them.

Zdzislaw likes this.
  20. Huus Jan 7, 2021

Only on Omega Forums.:rolleyes:

Zdzislaw likes this.