Forums Latest Members
  1. vadimo Jul 3, 2015

Until December 2014 i didnt really care for watch and only had brief moment when i had rotary watch that i then gave up.

So i am from UK and last week of December we went shopping, my wife needed to buy her brother watch he always wanted Omega De Ville, it was his wedding comming up. So we went to the Omega store and she purchased the watch, she then mentioned that perhaps its a good idea that i get one too to which i said No as i dont wear watches and not going to spend crazy money on especially Omega. Then in the next 5 days idea started to come back to me and i started looking for modest watch online that maybe i will buy, no more than £1,000, it could be nice treat.

We returned week later to same shopping center and my wife offered again to look for a watch, i didnt really like many on the counters from re-sellers and we decided to try Tag Heuer store, my wife pulled me off that store and walked me into Omega store again, ahh same smiling sales man grinning at us, she looked at watch that would suite me and that was Omega Seamaster DIVER 300 M CO-AXIAL 41 MM, so she asked for one in stock which they didnt have but sales man told us he can got one delivered to store in next 2 hours, so we went out to kill this time, went back to Tag and after exhaustive 30 minutes in the store i finally settled on Aqua racer, good price, simple facewatch, cheaper than omega, blue dial, automatic and waterproof, i argued that this is enough for me and Omega was too expensive! My wife insisted that we go back to Omega to check the arrived watch! I walked in, watch went on to my wrist, mind still struggling, looks around and voices saying very nice watch and sales man pitching in james bond too!

Finally i agreed to buy it. To this day i love the watch and keep wearing till i go to bed, my wife sometimes tells me off for checking watch up to 3 times within 60 seconds. I admire the watch for the design, technology and wow i dont have to charge it!

I guess i got lucky with my wife of course!

I am now into watches and enjoy reading forums in learning new brands, it is really impressive technology and concept of mechanical watch never stopping and quality swiss made watch will never outweigh smart watch.

Edited Jul 3, 2015
  2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 3, 2015

Great story!

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 3, 2015

That's a beauty, great story behind it too, I've always wanted one but that shot convinces me.

VictorAlpha likes this.
  4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 3, 2015

Now you are retired, you've got even more time for smart arse commentary!

VictorAlpha likes this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 3, 2015

Are we in some sort of astral mind connection, both posting similar comments within seconds of each other.

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 3, 2015

It's was being posted on a i Watch that ran out of charge

JimInOz likes this.
  7. vadimo Jul 3, 2015

i just accidentally pressed post before i even started and couldnt delete.

Anyway just wanted to share my experience, love the watch.

8. vadimo Jul 3, 2015

Asus T100TA, the 64GB version with attached keyboard to be specific.

9. persco Jul 3, 2015

You have a very smart wife. Listen to her!

rollee likes this.
  10. rollee Jul 6, 2015

What a nice wife! Straps next?

Hi Scott!

11. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 6, 2015

But...but...where are the pictures?:coffee:

12. shutterlife Jul 6, 2015

Wife is definitely a keeper, ohh and the watch too. That watch is next on my purchase list.

13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 6, 2015

Ok, now we need pics of the wife

Edited Jul 7, 2015
    persco likes this.
  14. vadimo Jul 7, 2015

@Nobel Prize careful when browsing and multitasking between multiple open tabs especially when you have omega and swingers forums open at same time. Pass this on to your partner @rollee when you see him next. Keep it UP!

Nobel Prize likes this.
  15. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 7, 2015

You're no fun

16. persco Jul 7, 2015

Lol. Hi @rollee.

17. ikeo1 Jul 8, 2015

Nice wifey