Forums Latest Members

How do you 'wear' your watch

1. Willem023 Apr 27, 2017

As in 'in what position on your wrist'

Hi all,

Had an interesting discussion (well; 'talk') recently with a good friend of mine -still, who was rather surprised of and did not agree with :p the way I wear my watches.

Thing is, I like to wear them rather loose, but between the 'knuckle' and my hand, so rather close to the hand -hence the loose-ness, to prevent the crown to stick in the upper part of the hand.

Apart from that, I like to wear them rather loose nonetheless, because I like the feeling of having a bracelet rather than cuffs. But prefer the position knuckle-watch-hand.
    I know others will wear it on the underside of the wrist.......

Not that it really matters but just for fun's sake: your take?

And off course some obligatory pics..... :whistling::whistling:

Schermafbeelding 2017-04-27 om 21.01.26.png
    Schermafbeelding 2017-04-27 om 20.38.02.png
    Schermafbeelding 2017-04-27 om 21.02.25.png

2. simon.pearl Apr 27, 2017

I tend to wear mine snug so they don't move around too much personally.

3. Canuck Apr 27, 2017

I wear mine exactly opposite to how you wear yours. I wear mine tight, and above the wrist joint. Bracelets tend to wear out a lot faster when worn loose. Like a loose part on your car. Bracelets are also prone to becoming stretched, and spring bars bent, and breaking, when the watch is worn where the wrist bends. I spent 25 years in the retail jewellery business, and I have seen just about every problem which can result from watches worn loose. Not that you are wrong. To each his own.

4. Willem023 Apr 27, 2017

Yep.
    I have only 1 or 2 watches with bracelets, rather have them on leather (of any kind...).
    Reason for me wearing them rather loose is precisely that I do not want to stretch the band (nor spring bars) too much.

But wearing them steady on my wrist feels like hand-cuffs....Neh

:cool:

5. corn18 Apr 27, 2017

I wore mine for 25 years this way:

IMG_2378.JPG

If I'm wearing my fancy watches, it's above the knuckle and moderately tight.