Forums Latest Members
  1. aussiewatchguy Jan 21, 2016

Hi all.
    So the missus has gone and purchased an Omega Deville from evilbay. She had it delivered to my place as a surprise. Upon opening the package, I am extremely suspect on its authenticity. It seems to be "vintage", maybe 70's or early eighties. It measures 32mm across with a strap width of 16mm. To me the face looks clean and clear (without "Swiss Made"), with an unscratched slightly domed crystal, but that's where it ends. The Deville design on the case back, looks flatter than most I have seen, and once opened has no reference to Omega or a serial number. I can read on the movement, what looks to have an ETA logo with "No (0) Jewels" inscribed on it. I am an admirer of Omega but don't own one (yet). Can you prove my theory wrong, so I don't have to tell her it's a fake. I have already bought her two fake objects that cost me as much as a good second hand, genuine, Omega, so I don't want to break up with her over $100 image.png image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 21, 2016

Easy done its a 32 ladies watch. Just tell her it's way too small. See if she can send it back as eBay does have that get out of jail card.

Give me a PM if your after a real ladies Omega have a few sitting around still
    image.jpeg

In Australia as well...

aussiewatchguy and OSP like this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 21, 2016

Is it for you or her?

And yes it's fake......

4. aussiewatchguy Jan 21, 2016

Thanks guys. I'll give her a break, as her intentions were good. She had bought it for me. I hope she didn't spend/waste too much.

OSP likes this.
  5. Majork Jan 21, 2016

This is exactly why I don't allow my wife use the internet...

6. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jan 21, 2016

This is exactly why my wife doesn't allow me to use the internet.