Forums Latest Members

How do I go about changing my username?

1. worldwidewes Nov 21, 2020

Hello,

I'd like to change my username. I'm quite easily identifiable through my username, and I'd like to change it something more anonymous. I want to keep the account I have because I've had it for years and I've bought a few watches through the site.

It's my understanding that this is possible. I've searched the forums for other threads on how to do this, but the threads I've found are either so old that I don't think the advice applies anymore or seem to devolve into members making nonsensical jokes instead of being helpful. I messaged @dsio about this and got no response. Any advice on how to get this done would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Nov 21, 2020

Well it's possible if... You know & can contact;
    The Society of the Crossed Keys

3. Dan S Nov 21, 2020

You did the right thing by sending a PM. Now you will just have to be patient for a response. Given that you have virtually no history, I see little benefit to keeping the same account. You'd might as well just abandon this one and start a new one.

If your main rationale is to preserve the positive reviews for buying/selling, you can always tell a seller that you are associated with the other account, and prove it via a PM. If you change your username, then you won't have any way to connect yourself with older reviews for your previous username.

DaveK, Scarecrow Boat and Evitzee like this.
  4. tikkathree Nov 21, 2020

Just start again with the u/n "HAMILTON since the 1800's"

Dor_42 likes this.
  5. UCZ_15 Nov 21, 2020

I recently joined the forum myself and the admins will get back to you - not to worry. If they aren't able to change your name because of the system, I'd echo what Dan S said above and just close it and start a new one.

6. wristpirate Nov 21, 2020

PM one of the mods is the best thing to do. And then wait and wait. They are busy people and will get to you when they can.