Omega Seamaster Chronograph
    Automatic
    Size 41
    Titanium - Rose Gold
    Ref # 2296.80.00
    Near Mint Condition
    Watch Only

seamaster titanium gold.jpg

I trust the seller (already buy 2 watches before).
    My question, how desirable this watch in term of collectibility?

Thank you.

2. ulackfocus Dec 1, 2012

It's a fairly recent model (under 20 years old in vintage speak) so I'm not sure about it's collectability. I know the two tone Ti / RG models aren't seen around the forums that often. I only recall one or two.

3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Dec 1, 2012

Fairly desirable among watches of that era - funny we talked about the late Chuck Maddox in another thread but I remember Bill telling me how much Chuck loved this watch - particularly liked it that you could activate the pushers underwater. IMO it has nice modern styling that has help up nicely through the years. Don't know if it will go up in value significantly but my guess it will at least hold its value given it has a definite following.

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Dec 1, 2012

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 1, 2012

The Ti Tan Rau is rather cool, its the weight of titanium but with rose gold accents really dressing it up. Its also three-tone. Ti Tan RAu means Titanium Tantalum and Rose Gold, and the bezel is tantalum.

6. ulackfocus Dec 1, 2012

Good thing they didn't use unobtainium like some other watch companies have been adding to their watch cases lately.

7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Dec 2, 2012

OK, I got this Seamaster TiTanRau watch. It's from 1996. It has unique appearance. I would not call it 'beauty' but rather 'strong character'.
    Combination of brownish matte metal color of Titanium and shiny rose gold is an acquired taste to appreciate IMO.
    The movement is Cal 1164 based on common Valjoux 7750 chronograph movement.
    All in all, it's an interesting item in my collection.

The small hands orange color give a nice touch to the black wavy dial. The lume has aged with patina color. The Rose gold is applied in bezel, crown and He crown, pusher, hour&minute hands and bracelet inserts. The tantalum color is darker than the titanium and applied only in bezel and bracelet inserts (sandwiched by rose gold)

SM TiTanRau front MR.jpg

SM TiTanRau dial MR.jpg

MKelley likes this.
  8. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Dec 2, 2012

Note how brownish matte color of Titanium and Tantalum contrast with shiny Stainless Steel (even it's brushed part)
    SM Ti GMT front MR.jpg

The Tantalum is a little bit shinier and have some bluish accent to its grey brown metal color.
    SM Ti GMT bracelet MR.jpg

MKelley likes this.
  9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Dec 2, 2012

Titane Caseback......
    SM TiTanRau back MR.jpg

The rose gold crown and pusher. Also note the shallower crown guard compare to the newer Seamaster pro model.
    SM TiTanRau crown MR.jpg

MKelley likes this.
  10. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Dec 2, 2012

my 3 year old boy insisted that Papa Smurf should join the photo session.............
    SM Ti GMT front papa smurf MR.jpg

ericmtl and MKelley like this.
  11. ulackfocus Dec 2, 2012

By any chance, was the seller named Chad?

ps - nice watch.

MKelley likes this.
  12. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Dec 2, 2012

Thanks.
    No it's a local Jakarta guy named Ferry. He had a blog to sell pre owned watch as his part time and just this year alone he already sold ~ 400 watches with ~90% Rolexes.

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 2, 2012

See how the bezel is darker and more blue-ish than the case and bracelet? That's because the bezel is not titanium, its tantalum, that's where the third metal comes in. You can see it in the photos ;)