Forums Latest Members

FS Horween Shell Cordovan Straps (18, 19!!, & 20mm)-Made in USA-& Special Offer for Omega Forum Members

1. woodwkr2 Apr 12, 2014

As mentioned first here, I've been a happy camper this week, as fun new watch-related toys have been arriving at a furious pace.

I've been busy preparing product photos and fulfilling orders for fellow members who entrusted me with their pre-orders and requests--and some things have already sold out!

All is now available on my website, www.secondtimeticking.com

Horween Shell Cordovan Straps:
    Top picture: Classic Top Stitching. Bottom picture: Vintage Style Side Stitching

Horween Shell Strap 82.jpg

Horween Shell Strap 81.jpg

Product Description

If you ask me, these are the finest straps in the land. I’m wearing one now.
    If you own one, or have a pair of Alden or Allen Edmonds shoes, you’re probably familiar with Horween Shell leathers already. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, well then, lets just say that this leather is life changing. Here’s a nice piece from Gentleman’s Gazette that explains just what a “shell” is (hint: it’s actually a membrane found in horse hide), and takes you through the 6 month long process that the Horween Leather Company of Chicago uses to produce this incredible leather.
    But that’s just the leather…
    The straps themselves are hand made in the USA by one of the finest leather workers that I know. Think about this for a second: a natural product, hand made into a watch strap. There’s going to be variability not only from batch to batch of the leather, but also from individual strap to strap. So enjoy the product photos, but if you’re looking for a cookie cutter strap made on a machine in China, this isn’t for you.
    Here’s why I love these straps so much: they are one of the most hard-wearing, durable and elegant straps on the market. They're simple and unpadded, and can be dressed up or down. From a Black Tie event to a casual afternoon, you may want to switch from your dress watch to your vintage chronograph, but you won’t have to switch your strap.
    They’re expensive, yes, but you’re getting what you pay for. This leather will likely outlast three of those machine made straps, and the comfort and patina that develops on the wrist is quite lovely–there’s a reason some of the world’s finest shoes are made from this stuff
    Straps come with a 16mm buckle, and can be easily swapped out for your signed buckle.
    Colors: (from left to right) Horween #8, Natural, Black
    Sizes: 18mm, 19mm, 20mm
    Styles: Top Stitch and Vintage Side Stitch (with waxed French linen thread)
    Price: $140 USD available on my website with Domestic and International Shipping Options
    Special: For Omega Forum members in good standing with 20 or more posts, PM me for a discount code good for $10 off your strap... PLUS, select Cheque Payment on checkout (reserving your order), and I'll pass along the savings on CC fees by offering free shipping in the USA.
    Just a small token of my appreciation for what has easily become my favorite online 'home' for all things watches. If you've been lurking, consider this an invitation to join a likeminded group of honest and caring collectors--and welcome!
    Watch Rolls 61.jpg

luzer, Dogmann, Waynepjr and 4 others like this.
  2. woodwkr2 May 10, 2014

Have sent out quite a few of these straps to OF folks!--thanks everyone!

3. woodwkr2 May 16, 2014

Stock is running low. Check the website for current availability, and be sure to PM me with your order or requests/pre-orders if I don't have what you're looking for in stock.

Please be aware that due to sky rocketing demand for Horween's Cordovan leather, there is only a limited supply of leather that my supplier can get from Horween. It's the only company in the world that makes it, and there's only so much of this stuff that they can put out. Buy it when you see it, or you could be in for a wait.

4. woodwkr2 Jun 1, 2014

19mm bands have been restocked.

JohnSteed likes this.
  5. Hijak Jun 1, 2014

Do the 19mm straps have 16mm buckles?

6. woodwkr2 Jun 1, 2014

Yessir. They come with the 16mm buckles that are shown in the picture, but can easily be swapped out for the signed 16mm buckle of your choice.

7. woodwkr2 Jul 13, 2014

Weekend Bump.

8. woodwkr2 Aug 2, 2014

Have a great weekend, everyone.

9. woodwkr2 Aug 15, 2014

Size 20 bands are back in stock.
    Size 19 bands are back in stock.
    Size 18 bands are partially stocked.

Check the web store for current inventory and get 'em quick... if you've been one of the unlucky ones who has contacted me about Horween bands only to find out that I was sold out, you know what I'm talking about!

The offer for OF members still stands for those of you who haven't taken advantage! Just PM me.

10. woodwkr2 Sep 16, 2014

Bump

11. woodwkr2 Oct 28, 2014

One more off to Dallas today.

12. woodwkr2 Jan 27, 2015

Lots of good reviews coming in from around the forum: http://omegaforums.net/threads/post-your-favourite-horween-strap.20945/

Yes, there are cheaper options. But not better options.

Consider just how nice this leather is and the fact that it is bombproof. You're going to have this strapped to your wrist for a long, long time. That'll make up for the initial cost. Oh, and the more broken in it is, the better it fits/feels. Just like your favorite pair of shoes.

13. woodwkr2 May 3, 2015

All styles are back in stock!

14. woodwkr2 May 13, 2015

One more off to Sydney, NSW today.

Thanks, OF!

Dre likes this.