Forums Latest Members
  1. Walrus Jun 26, 2019

So I know it’s real, I know it’s original minus the crystal which has been replaced. What I don’t know is year and value. I know I can open the back but it was serviced about a month ago all new gaskets and I really don’t want to open it. My watch guy forgot to look it up even though I asked him. He is a bit older and he probably forgot. I have about 450 into it which I know is a good deal, original bracelet, good power reserve and keeps great time. Someone here must know the age by looking and as far as value goes I’m not looking to sell I’d just like to know if I make a trade someday. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Davidt Jun 26, 2019

Late 60's/early 70's.

Search c case Constellation for an idea of price.

lando, Shabbaz and Walrus like this.
  3. Walrus Jun 26, 2019

Ok thanks I was thinking sixties but I’m sure you know more. Do you mind if I ask what c case means.

connieseamaster likes this.
  4. Walrus Jun 26, 2019

Yeah I checked it out, don’t know exactly but it seems 800-1200 hundred might be ballpark. Of course I see a few high priced ones but people always do that. I payed 350 for this then brought it for service the next day so I think I did OK. I do have a little dial damage between 11 and 12 so that will bring it down a bit but overall all I think I did fine. I’ll skip the idea of adding this to any trade but I think these vintage Connie’s are a good way to go if you want a vintage without breaking the bank. I do want to pick up a decent leather strap, the brick is in great condition so I’d like to have the option of switching it.

Speedmasterfan88 likes this.
  5. Shabbaz Jun 27, 2019

6. Davidt Jun 27, 2019

800-1200 what?

Dollars? Perhaps

GPB? That's too high.

Noddyman likes this.
  7. Noddyman Jun 27, 2019

$800 on a good day imo and that would have to include the brick bracelet.

8. Walrus Jun 27, 2019

No problem. Literally I was just going by a few I saw for sale on chrono or one of those sites if I overshot the runway in my assessment that’s fine. My main concern was assessing what I paid Versus it’s value. Like I said i paid 350 for but that didn’t include service. I figured that’s not bad even if it puts me right on it’s value. For the two of you who jumped on my assessment a bit if you don’t mind telling me what you think it is, 400? 500? 600? 250? 30 bucks that is really all I was looking for. No one comes out and just gives me a # so I was forced to look at some prices online. Like I said I’m not thinking of selling it. At this time my omega collection consists of my lowly constellation and a dynamic, not exactly two very valuable pieces.

9. Walrus Jun 27, 2019

I’m an American wasn’t thinking gpb at all that would put me well above my amateur assessment. I think it’s a bit funny how I ask for a rough idea on value then ruffle some feathers when I look at some sale prices and make a guess by that. I would have preferred someone just give me a number, even if it’s off. But if this is how it is done that is fine.

10. Walrus Jun 27, 2019

And I still don’t know exactly what year it is as my service guy didn’t write down the numbers like I asked for some reason. He will probably do the same with my dynamic

11. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jun 27, 2019

It’s difficult to date C-cases sometimes.
    The jet-line markers and smooth bezel appeared early on in this styles cycle.
    If you can check the movt type (561 non quickset date or 564 quickset date) it may give you a better idea of age.
    It could be as early as ‘65/‘66

C- cases are bit Marmite - not everyone gets them.
    However, prices have been rising steadily over the past couple of years.
    The value of C-cases is all in the condition as there are still plenty of good ones out there.
    Sharp facets on the edge and retained grain of the original finish on the case is everything for these watches.
    Your pics aren’t sharp enough to tell - I think that is why folks are reluctant to give a value.
    Hope that helps.

connieseamaster and Walrus like this.
  12. Shabbaz Jun 27, 2019

As a private seller on chrono you would get between EUR 700 and EUR 850 I would say. I've sold one of my c connies in the past for EUR 799. It was quite similar. Most people who buy omega are'nt collectors so the finishing of the case is not the most important thing (for them). Here on OF other rules apply...:D. I even had people asking me why in the hell I did'nt polish the case (which I never do). Even after explaining them that is not what collectors do, they insisted on a polish which I politely refused (read: I've told them to go to hell). So that's my 2 cents. Hope this helps.

Lotus_Eater8815 and Walrus like this.
  13. Walrus Jun 27, 2019

Thanks to both of you gentleman yes your info helps. I find the date change interesting. You just pull out the crown past the time set and the date will change one day. I find it cool, some people don’t like it as they report it is too fragile but I find it interesting. I don’t know if narrows the year. Thanks for pointing out the fuzzy pic. I just snap a quick one with my phone and post it. I wasn’t too concerned as I’m not looking to sell it and was looking a general estimate but you have a good idea posting pics to get specific info on mine, thank you.

14. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jun 27, 2019

Well, that means that you have a 564 movt, which in turn means it is at least post mid-1966.
    Unfortunately, without opening the back it will be difficult to date the watch but mu gut says late 60s rather than 70s.
    BTW your bezel is likely white gold (you can see the colour difference between the bezel and the case)
    excerpt fom Desmond’s essay re movt.
    C010893E-B034-435C-A518-935A6AEE35E0.png

Shabbaz and Lotus_Eater8815 like this.
  15. Lotus_Eater8815 Jun 27, 2019

With a date change like that I would say its most likely a 564. I've seen C-Cased Connies sell for 800-1,000 USD, depending on certain variables like condition, case material, and dial texture. Yours probably has some issues with the dial (which I can't see quite clearly from the pics but, as you said, dial damage between 11 and 12), which was why you got it for less than half the price.

16. Walrus Jun 27, 2019

image.jpg
    Actually that damage you see is just the photo. For some reason a shadow popped up in the pic. The damage I refer to is a small “ding” which I think is from an unskilled crystal replacement. I think the main reason I got it for the price is the place I bought it. In addition, when I purchased it the second hand was not moving. I figured it either was the canon or just loose. I was fortunate, it was just loose and the repair was included in the 180 usd service. I’m including another picture which I hope will show the damage you refer to on the previous pic is shadow although if you see something please let me know. It may still be a poor pic but I think it better shows the dial.

17. Walrus Jun 27, 2019

Actually that damage you see is just the photo. For some reason a shadow popped up in the pic. The damage I refer to is a small “ding” which I think is from an unskilled crystal replacement. I think the main reason I got it for the price is the place I bought it. In addition, when I purchased it the second hand was not moving. I figured it either was the canon or just loose. I was fortunate, it was just loose and the repair was included in the 180 usd service. I’m including another picture which I hope will show the damage you refer to on the previous pic is shadow although if you see something please let me know.
    Now this is interesting. I saw a number of this style constellations labeled “white gold” selling at what I think is ridiculous prices. I figured the entire case was white gold do they make an entire case of white gold or is this white gold bezel common and they just use that to increase the sale price and say “oooo look at me, a little white gold”
    I’m under no illusion that this is a valuable watch. I collect gold coins and ounce bars, gold is around 1,400 an ounce and even if this is white gold it would be a minuscule amount but I am curious how can I verify it is white gold.

I would love to open.

18. Walrus Jun 27, 2019

19. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jun 27, 2019

20. Edward53 Jun 27, 2019

Those models are underrated IMO but I still think you got a great deal for 450 dollars.

DaveK, Walrus and ConElPueblo like this.