Forums Latest Members
  1. eb77 Sep 15, 2018

Hi, this is my first post. I am looking since weeks into buying a vintage omega and getting more and more confused about which sellers are trustworthy. Is there a list of good sellers and sellers to avoid somewhere here on the forum?
    It looks like Crown and Caliber is a good place to buy. How about sellers on eBay, Instagram etc.? Anybody out there who should be avoided? Recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 15, 2018

You should start by scanning the vintage watches for sale on the sales forums here.

3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Sep 15, 2018

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 15, 2018

5. eb77 Sep 16, 2018

Thanks for all the replies

6. JanV Sep 16, 2018

Hi, I would recommend to buy your first vintage watch from a reputable dealer, preferably a bit closer to you.

The first experience will most likely set your “direction” in how and if you want to proceed into vintage watches, depending on if it was a positive experience or not.

Mine was, and as my experience grew, I started after this bidding in auctions at low price for items that where of my interest. Sometimes I won, sometimes I didn’t. :)

The most important advice would be to do your research and get to know all there is about the item your interested in, even when you buy from a dealer.

I have never to date bought anything from Ebay or similar (Instagram) and have now after 6 months understood and “recalibrated” the direction I want to go in collecting vintage watches wich means that I will get more in touch with dealers or buying from reputable members in this forum as they usually have “the better ones” even if it costs a bit more.

So give it time, and buy your first from a reputable dealer of from a reputable member of this forum, to set a positive vibe from the get go.

Where are you located? This info will help you for other members in this forum to guide you in the right direction and towards a reputable dealer.

Good hunting....