Forums Latest Members

Holiday season is here and so are the scammers...

1. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Nov 19, 2014

Hello All,

I know many of you know the joys and wonders that the holidays may bring. Time to spend with family, eat good food and of course SHOP! This is also the time when scammers are starting to increase their antics of using similar emails, stealing photos and pretending to be legitimate people. I have had a couple people say they were approached by me when indeed I had never spoke with them and even one person actually sending money without private messaging me on the forums or attempting to do some research. WTB ads are targeted all the time so please be aware of new users or people attempting to immediately switch to email communication with these new accounts.

A few other dealer friends of mine have been noticing a surge recently and it can only continue to increase in the near future as people are looking for watches for gifts. I hate to see anyone harmed during these joyous times by these Grinches. If a deal is too good to be true, asking for payment right away without offering to answer questions, can't produce additional photos if needed then be wary. Soooo please be careful!

Edited Nov 19, 2014
    Davidt, Privateday7, Dogmann and 8 others like this.
  2. Hijak Nov 19, 2014

Thanks George for pointing this out...if it seems off it probably is, it never hurts to double check when making a purchase!:cautious:

3. peatnick Nov 19, 2014

Got a response to my WTB on another forum yesterday via email (that site let's users download a vcard) using a name that sounded like another user

Gave the scammer a 1 line reply, please call me to discuss, surprise surprise no call came!

4. RazorD Nov 19, 2014

Thanks for sharing!

5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 20, 2014

Always good advice!

I just been reading a thread bout some current phishing activity over on VRF, and it's going on on OnTheDash and TRF too.

Seems the season is indeed here.