Forums Latest Members

!!!!Holiday Omega Accessories Giveaway!!!

1. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Dec 6, 2016

Hello Everyone!!

Happy Holidays to you all. To celebrate the wonderful community we have here I would like to continue with a giveaway tradition during this time of the year. Last year it was a speedmaster professional accessory box. I realize that not everyone could appreciate that gift.

This year I have two prizes one is a 7 inch rubber Omega bracelet with anondized ends (I might be able to get the 8 inch variant for ones needing a larger fit) and another being some Omega cufflinks. Both are brand new with boxes and all that jazz.

Similar to last year if you could kindly post a photo of you wearing your favorite watch and possibly share a few kind words about something you appreciate here on Omegaforums or heck something in your real life you will be added to a running list which will be randomized and selected using random.org on the 18th so I can mail these out in time (hopefully) for Christmas.

***To be fair to participating members, I will limit this to those who have NOT just recently joined and this being one of their first few posts.***

First winner can pick from the two and the second number will get the other prize. If you think this could be dome better do let me know!!

IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG
    Alpha, Andreas, chronos and 31 others like this.
  2. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Dec 6, 2016

I read "This year I have two prizes one is a 7 inch rubber..." Great I thought, finally a decent prize but then I read on and realized it was a watch strap.

Okay that was a joke (ha ha ha). If it was too lame and inappropriate please delete it and I apologize of course. George, you are awesome! :) As usual.

3. omegasaso12 Dec 6, 2016

It was great year for my collection but not so great for my bank account. But I am happy with outcome.

I am very pleased that this forum and memebers exist, becouse I learned a lot and can only say thank you.

My speedmaster (and Omegas) interest was there already befor, but this year I got this piece and afther that I was hooked:
    DSCN5706.JPG

Collection is now in december become a little bigger:
    DSCN5682.JPG

HaPpY HoLiDaYs

blubarb and Deafboy like this.
  4. X JBM X Dec 6, 2016

With such a low post count, I probably don't qualify for entry... that said, people like you with generosity like this is what makes the forums such a terrific place to gain knowledge and foster relationships with others that share the passion.

blubarb and Jwit like this.
  5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Dec 6, 2016

What a nice gesture George! :thumbsup:

Thanks for spreading some good cheer this holiday season, I look forward to the entries!

blubarb and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  6. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Dec 6, 2016

You do qualify! It was meant to not include someone who just joined in the recent weeks and this was let's say 3rd or 4th post. Please share!

Halldawg likes this.
  7. LawBrk Dec 6, 2016

Cuff links! Well alright then!

I will share the watch that initiated my joining OF. image.jpeg

It has been a wonderful year of learning and sharing in this weird hobby with all of you and I look forward to many more threads about Cheese and Helium watches.
    Cheers to all!

8. lillatroll Dec 6, 2016

I don't have a wrist shot because the watch is in a safe in the UK. I left all my Omega watches at home when I moved to Malawi to work. I was lucky enough to purchase this watch earlier this year (thanks to Tom Dick) and it is one of my favourites in my small collection. It is uncertain if the bezel is 100 % correct for the watch but it makes little difference to how much I love this one. (The photo is one of Toms too, I am a complete MK at taking photos)

What I really appreciate about this forum is that those who stick around share a genuine love of watches, no matter if they cost a few quid or lots of quids. A real appreciation of watches for their intrinsic value and beauty is what makes this forum such a pleasure to visit.
    Best wishes where ever you maybe in the world
    stuart
    IMG_0104.JPG

Edited by a mod Jul 10, 2021
  9. Pvt-Public Dec 6, 2016

There is no watch shot as I do not wish to be in the running. But I would like to express a heart felt thanks to all who have run these give a ways, and to all that give freely of their knowledge here so that others may learn and appreciate watches in general. So thank you to all.

blubarb, Syrte, Jwit and 2 others like this.
  10. peatnick Dec 6, 2016

Well done George !

Cuff links would be handy since I wear a dress suit and tie most days here in NYC.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1481034788.865711.jpg

As Burl Ives sings

Silver and gold, silver and gold
    Ev'ryone wishes for silver and gold
    How do you measure its worth?

Only when I get to share them here :)

blubarb, Darlinboy and Mothra like this.
  11. TheCaptainOfTech Dec 6, 2016

First off I would like to thank you for your generosity and may I add Go Cougs (My father also went to UW but I root for the Cougs). My favorite watch is a Seagull 1963 it is my favorite watch because of the story behind it. It is a re addition of a wristwatch produced by China in fact the first watch ever produced by China. Side note I was born and currently living in Shanghai but will return stateside soon. The story of the watch reminds me of my parents and grandparents who live in Shanghai. But back to the watch when the current Chinese government took over mainland China (中国) they decided they need to produce a watch entirely by themselves so with the help to Seagull they came up with this little bad boy movement and everything made in China. But an interesting story is that the movement and machinery was purchased from the Swiss and was 1930's technology. The back of the watch says Tianjin 天津(city in China close to Beijing 北京)Watch company China ( 中国)1963.
    IMG_2531.JPG IMG_2533.JPG

Darlinboy and Halldawg like this.
  12. flw history nerd Dec 6, 2016

IMG_20160508_135215399.jpg

What I think I appreciate most about the ΩF community is the combination of deep knowledge about this shared passion of ours with equally deep good will and good humor (except for Dennis, of course :p). That isn't a quality I've found on a number of other watch forums.

At this time of year in particular, I am thankful for the ability to share a photo and a laugh with all of you. Cheers to you and your loved ones!

Darlinboy and TheKomoman like this.
  13. TheKomoman Dec 6, 2016

Typically would save this pic of my 30 year Apollo 17 edition for the anniversary date of 12/14 but for this occasion I'll post early! The background is a print of all of the Apollo mission patches that was done by Corning for their customers back in the day. It's printed on the same Beta fabric they made for the Apollo space suits. Our dad worked for a company that was a big customer of Corning's at the time and he was presented one. I've always been an Apollo geek and he passed it down to me to hang in my office a few years back.

While mostly a lurker I'm a big fan of this forum. Great group of folks with an incredible knowledge base, not to mention access to trustworthy sellers (and all around nice guys) like Kringkily. I'm totally willing to pander by mentioning I bought the pictured Speedy from him!!

2016-12-06 10.28.58.jpg
  14. Pun Dec 6, 2016

I started Omega collection with DeVille in 2010 and this year I added 2 Speedmasters as addiction increased...

20151214_101255.jpg 20160828_125302.jpg 1481041403226-1421126198.jpg
    daddykc and flw like this.
  15. rcs914 Dec 6, 2016

Many thanks George for the giveaway :) 2016 was a heck of a year for the world, but was a pretty good one for me personally. The highlight of my year was the birth of my daughter in late October. But it also was the year in which I finally was able to get the Speedmaster Professional that I've wanted for a decade, and the icing on the cake was that the one I did get ended up being a birth year Speedy ('77)!

Daddy & Kate.jpg

daddykc, blubarb, Syrte and 9 others like this.
  16. cvera Dec 6, 2016

IMG_7394.JPG . The first watch I bought while working during my college summer. My manager had an omega Seamaster and it prompted my search to find a nice timepiece before I returned to school. I was lucky enough to buy it at a jeweler in San Diego and wore it to my brothers wedding. It's my favorite piece and I have no intentions of parting with it.

Darlinboy and Halldawg like this.
  17. ATWG Dec 6, 2016

2016 was a heck of a year geopolitically as well as on the hobby front. Although, there are too many transactions to list, 2 noteworthy additions to the collection were i) '68 transitional Speedmaster from the original owner who was a pilot ii) full box set Rolex 5512, MKV which was also purchased from the original owner.

Lastly, thanks for the opportunity to part take in your kind gesture.

IMG_4387.JPG IMG_4155.JPG
    daddykc, blubarb, Syrte and 5 others like this.
  18. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Dec 6, 2016

This was the year when I went from being entirely un-interested in the classic, hesalite Speedmaster, to being a rabid fan-boy. My participation in this forum probably has something to do with my metamorphosis. Although @ulackfocus would probably call this some form of degeneration.

IMG_0848_mods.jpg

( I also discovered how incredibly uncomfortable it is holding your gut in while taking a self-timer phone photo )

Edited Dec 6, 2016
    daddykc, blubarb, rbob99 and 2 others like this.
  19. ac106 Dec 6, 2016

Hello all

Wife bought me this after a rough year with some health problems we finally got through. Thankfully she's better and we really look forward to 2017

IMG_0102.JPG

SamQue, blubarb, Buckeyes#1 and 6 others like this.
  20. jB1128 Dec 6, 2016

Hi ΩF Gang,

Happy Holidays and thank you @Kringkily for your generosity. As a newly posting member, there's no need to include me in the holiday giveaway. I just wanted to contribute a pic of my Speedmaster '57 Re-Issue (3594.50) on a (Stewart Morley) Heuerville Racing strap. This was my first Speedy and isn't likely to leave the rotation anytime soon!

IMG_0495.JPG
    I am very grateful for how open and sharing this community is, and especially the unwavering commitment of the forum elders and membership to maintaining a high-standard for quality, and zero tolerance for fakes, frauds and pretenders!

blubarb, Buckeyes#1, Perseus and 2 others like this.