Forums Latest Members

Hodinkee shop Seasons Greetings 2019-20 - International offer

1. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Dec 9, 2019

It looks like Hodinkee shop is offering a refund of import & customs charges for international shipments...
    They finally got it that they need an European based retailer for some of their stuff to sell on this side of the Atlantic ?
    I never understood why a collector & excellent writer like " John Goldberger " offered his "Journey Into Deep - Rolex Submariner " book exclusively via Hodinkee ? I guess he doesn't care about sales figures at all...
    Anyway, I didn't want a Hodinkee-branded book and was lucky to get one in pre-sales before it became available in the Hodinkee Library one year ago...
    ::confused2::
    To be clear... I really like & appreciate what Hodinkee has been doing for the last decade (off- & online) but with the major timepiece producers in Europe, I wonder why they still don't have a EU-based (or Swiss-based) bureau/shop/retailer ?
    Hodinkee.jpg

2. Rochete Dec 9, 2019

Swiss-based would not be a big improvement. We (UE) pay the same VAT and import duty from Switzerland as from US, only shipping would be a bit cheaper, not much.

3. Fabrice M Dec 10, 2019

Hodinkee is so overpriced and over hyped

4. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Dec 16, 2019

well in practice, the offer doesn't always work at checkout ::shy::