Forums Latest Members
  1. BenKenobi Apr 3, 2018

Seeking a highly recommended watchmaker in Australia, short of sending to Bienne, I have started sourcing parts for my 145.036, I have found some original parts being a bezel ring, Y/R pushers, Black Dot, but also some service issue parts being case back and Blue dot and Crystal. My flighty really is at the bottom of the market condition wise and in need of a much needed makeover. I have had ownership for over 5 years wore it at work for about 6 months and lost the winding crown. I really want to get this back to as close to original as I can to do so means the case needs to be lapped too.
    Regarding the original case back I would love to keep it and have the scratch welded and re finished as well.
    Does anyone know of a watchmaker that offers laser engraving to re print the original and now invisible case back markings?
    Also a huge thanks to the forum members already posting in regard to the Flighmaster series thread, it has taken me over a year of searching to finally find more resources for info than I already had, the link to Saga Flightmaster II- Passion Watchmaking has been the single best resource I have seen so far that encompasses the finer details needed for my intention and education on the series 145.013-145.036.
    I guess many will say its not worth the money to restore, this may be true, due mainly to my inexperience at the time of purchase, I never really intended to be getting overly involved with manual or automatic movements. This explains why the majority of my purchases have been poor in condition, reflecting though, some have been very uncommon excluding this 145.036, sometimes you must take the opportunity that presents.
    Sorry bout the rubbish pics, I am no photographer!!
    DSC_0016.JPG DSC_0014.JPG DSC_1367.JPG DSC_1370.JPG

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 3, 2018

omegaswisst and marco like this.
  3. marco Apr 4, 2018

4. BenKenobi Apr 4, 2018

well he does not bad work at all, just running a PM to him now, thanks for the ref, great help:thumbsup:

5. BenKenobi Oct 8, 2018

Giving an update on the Flightmaster, work is completed for now and a replacement dial has been found, work was completed by Lewiswatchco and am pretty damned impressed with the quality standard for what was a very tired and well loved and worn Flighty.
    So cool to see what was to what is now. New crystal and seal, inner bezel ring, pushers, crowns etc, case back, refinish to case and band, with all internal parts replaced at Lewiswatchco discretion, kept original hands and re painted, original dial to be replaced, can't believe the water resistance has been attained, no water for this flighty though!!!
    Its a shame the work has been so well done, I have not worn it since receiving, too scared to wear it in case I mar the case work.
    Thanks again for the reference.

Anyway fixation with GMT watches continues, my second has just been purchased and one I have loved for over 10 years and have finally acquired, not much love for Breitlings here but now have an 812 GMT and am eagerly awaiting its arrival this week, same again its been much loved and worn and requires work but am super happy with owning a rare bird.
    DSC_0138.JPG
    DSC_0139.JPG
    DSC_0141.JPG
    DSC_0142.JPG

6. marco Oct 8, 2018

A great result, I agree with you Adam Lewis does amazing work.
    We in Perth and Australia are fortunate to have this stella one man atelier.

watchyouwant, Tonyash and BenKenobi like this.
  7. BenKenobi Oct 8, 2018

Agreed Marco, in my FTF handover I found Adam and I have a good few things in common, he's a standup guy and will be my go to for all my work, when he can fit it in, Aussies are very fortunate to have him, just quietly he divulged in our FTF he has recently been approved L3 by Omega, just wow, speaks volumes for his ethic and expertise and work practises.

8. Aussie Jim Oct 9, 2018

2 thumbs up for Adam from me too. Had a vintage Glycine repaired. Subtle and appropriate case work on a Heuer and old Seamaster and bought one of his Mitsukoshi constructs.

Excellent to deal with and seems a nice person to boot.

BenKenobi and marco like this.
  9. Tonyash Oct 9, 2018

Adam did a fantastic job on my racing dial MKii and suggested we not refurb that case as it retained the original finish. He currently has my Telestop, bought with standard pushers and is returning this watch to original spec for me. Can't wait to get it back.

BenKenobi and marco like this.
  10. marco Dec 3, 2018

I saw your telestop in the workshop, very rare I think.
    Please post when finished.
    Best Marco.

11. Tonyash Dec 3, 2018

Good to hear Marco. I will post the finished result when I get it back. They are rare watches but not particularly sought after. Mine was bought from Perth described by the seller as a standard Markii but it had the Telestop caseback reference and larger pusher cut outs.
    An extract confirmed it as an original Telestop.
    Cheers,
    Tony

marco likes this.