Forums Latest Members

High quality Suede straps?!

1. Speedmasterfan88 Jun 18, 2018

Hi OF, I‘m on the lookout for high quality suede watch bands in 22mm. And it‘s getting a bit frustrating.

I‘m hunting for a style with contrast stitching on the sides, I‘m aware that there are plenty suede straps with the stitches on top of the lug side, but I just don’t like that particular style.

Vintagestraps.it has more than mixed reviews here when it comes to customer service, although the product seems to be fine.

GLC straps in Italy is constantly sold out or on back order.

BandRBands seem to be the only option with stock, but they don’t have the size I need (22mm) plus 26% import tax on top of the final price.

Amazon is full of the usual cheap stuff.
    Same goes for Etsy.

B&S have none that I‘d like in 22mm and are a bit pricy for my taste.

Fluco, on the lower end of the price range, has nothing in 22mm.

Does anyone have a recommendation, preferably from Europe?

Any help is greatly appreciated! My 145.029 gets no wrist time at all at the moment and it makes me sad that it‘s doomed to spend it‘s days in a dark safe deposit box....

Cheers,

Max

2. MaiLollo Jun 18, 2018

GLC Straps is amazing. Just email Max (he is on IG & chronotrader if I recall correctly) and I'm sure he can find a solution for you!
    It's the strap that provides the most bang for the buck of those that I've acquired over the years. Of course there are cheaper alternatives but I've been disappointed most of the time. I like Atelier Romane straps as well but I'm unsure if he has suede ? Try his site.

Speedmasterfan88 likes this.
  3. NT931 Jun 18, 2018

Besides GLC (I have done straps with them and they're good, and can custom-make them), you can also try The Leather Strap (https://www.instagram.com/theleatherstrap/?hl=en). He has some suede straps and can custom make them for a reasonable price. He did a non-suede one for me which worked out well
    Royce initial pic 1.JPG
    I've also heard good things abt Bas & Lokes (http://www.basandlokes.com/suede-straps/), and they do stock 22mm straps, but more expensive. They also do custom straps.

Speedmasterfan88, Uniqez and ELV web like this.
  4. Uniqez Jun 18, 2018

Getting mine from here:
    https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/ .... Good quality/price ratio, plus she has promo code for OF folks and it is coming from Stockholm I believe.

Speedmasterfan88 likes this.
  5. Speedmasterfan88 Jun 18, 2018

Thanks for all the recommendations guys! I'm going to give GLC a shot and reach out to them via email. They have, stylewise, straps that come close to what I'm looking for. Also thanks to @Robert-Jan who made me aware of his wifes Homepage: www.strapsbyfleur.com , I will try those too. As I understand it she's working together with GLC.

I hope this is the end of my suede struggle. I was so knee deep into google research earlier this day that I could've just openend my own drop-shipping Watchstrap shop haha. I even found a shop from the Philippines selling VEGAN suede straps .... not in 22mm though :D.

Thanks guys, have a nice evening.

Max