Forums Latest Members
  1. nineoneone Feb 7, 2013

Hi all just a quick hello to everyone on this forum. I am quite new to this and forums in general so forgive me now for any blunders I may make whilst I get the hang of things.

I am a collector of most things that tick::blowup:: As you may be able to tell from my profile (rather hairy) wrist shot::facepalm2:: my collection is rather varied!

I was rather hoping somebody could help me out with any knowledge they might have about a particular watch I am hoping to look at next week, values, collect-ability and any other info that might be available? Pictures would be helpful as well as I can't find anything on the net!

I'm hoping it may be a keeper for the future and will be a good investment???

Here goes..... it's
    An Omega DeVille, platinum, self-winding, with sweep seconds wristwatch with date, on leather band with folding buckle, 150th Anniversary limited to 499 pieces!

Any info and help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Trev likes this.
  2. nineoneone Feb 7, 2013

Sorry I've got it wrong already! I've just noted it's in the general forum not OMEGA! not sure what to do so hope the correct people will still see it!

3. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 7, 2013

Well I saw it and welcome, a great happy place this is. Plenty of advice readily given, maybe not always what you want to hear but it will be honest.
    Enjoy :thumbsup:

4. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 7, 2013

Just noticed, a Yorkshire lad. Excellent, we got to keep the UK count high :D

5. nineoneone Feb 7, 2013

Thanks for the welcome Alpha.

Oh Yes! UP THE NORTH;)

6. nineoneone Feb 7, 2013

Do You Think I Should Copy and Paste To The Correct Section?

7. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 7, 2013

Don't think you can hide, the mods will find you and administer whatever retribution they deem fit :whipped:

You'll be good, you have an avatar so you are in favour right away.

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 7, 2013

I guess that is close enough to

-on-white.jpg

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 7, 2013

Thread has been moved! Welcome btw

10. nineoneone Feb 7, 2013

Thanks on both counts dsio!

11. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Feb 7, 2013

Any picture?

12. nineoneone Feb 8, 2013

sorry i don't have any photo's! i did try to do an internet search and all i could find was one of these internet sites that charge to give you historic auction results! needless to say i didn't subscribe to get any details as you had to commit to regular subscriptions. it did however say that one of this actual watch had sold at Christies New York in 1998 but nothing more unfortunately!

Anybody out there that can help, would be very much appreciated!

13. ulackfocus Feb 8, 2013

You can't post one picture of your watch?

14. nineoneone Feb 8, 2013

Sorry I presume you haven't read my original post in full! As I said I have been offered the watch by a dealer friend of mine but as he lives 2 hours away and is not computer/tec savvy (he's in his 70's) he can't send me any pic's and I can't find any reference on the net??!! So i wanted to ask advice before I go trekking across country waisting time.

15. ulackfocus Feb 8, 2013

Well then I'm sorry too - sorry that we can't help you without seeing the exact watch in question. :(

16. nineoneone Feb 8, 2013

I have asked the dealer to get me some more info i.e.. model number etc. Thanks for looking. will post again if I don't get anywhere.