Forums Latest Members
  1. A&O Oct 8, 2015

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I ran across this website upon searching some information about the moon watch. I am not a Rolex fan boy as you can see in my avatar. I'm gonna change this as soon as I get my first omega watch which I'm so excited of. Hope to make some friends as well and get new info about omega watches with this site. Thanks everyone !;)

chadpowe11 likes this.
  2. teamlam Oct 8, 2015

Welcome!! You'll learn lots here!!

A&O likes this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 8, 2015

Welcome aboard.

If you though Rollies were addictive, just wait until you start on Omegas.

PS: I like your colouring in skills, you've managed to stay inside the lines very well :thumbsup:

;)

STANDY likes this.
  4. A&O Oct 9, 2015

Thanks. This is my way of living. I kinda "mastered" it if you will, Yeah, I love my GMT2 but when I saw the speed master, I fell in love with it right away too. Two hearts. :D What's your thought about the Dark side of the moon?

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 9, 2015

I'm a Speedmaster traditionalist, it's a classic "Moon Watch" for me.

Limited Edition, Racing, Tin Tin etc. are just novelties in my eyes, as is the DSOTM.

I know some Speedie Tragics will be spitting out their coffee as they read this, but as adult individuals we all have differing tastes.

I'm even partial to a Rolex or two, but nothing with a date and a snot blob on the crystal. I wish I'd never sold my 5513 :(

A&O likes this.
  6. A&O Oct 9, 2015

I agree. I fell in love with the original moon watch anyway so I see no point of getting the DSOTM albeit would still long for the classic one even if I'd get this new renditions of it. Thanks.

7. A&O Oct 9, 2015

Thank you. :)

8. Audley Yung Oct 13, 2015

welcome to the forum!

9. ulackfocus Oct 13, 2015

Yes, about squirrels, chipmunks, and other rodents. A little about cats, dogs, and swans too.

10. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Oct 13, 2015

Hanging up the Rolex Fan Boy tour jacket? No need! While I hesitate to use the "fan boy" moniker, I am a big Rolex fan. Owned 24 examples over 26 years, and currently have...none! Decided I needed a Patek, now I'm broke ;).
    But here I am on Omega forum, not just because I love Omega (vintage Speedmasters specifically), but because the folks here are the best. Seriously. Even Dennis @ulackfocus, who would certainly have found an avatar for you if you hadn't already made one. ;)
    I played with a GSotM recently (which I thought I would like more than the DSotM), and also found it to be gimmicky in the way one would tire of it prematurely. I do, however, love the current '57 Co-Axial line, and have a hard time deciding whether I would prefer a blue dial/ red chronograph hand model or the vintage lume model. As for the moon watch, my favorite, make mine a vintage with a caliber 321 movement!

11. sensui Oct 14, 2015

Welcome! I'm joining in on the action too, also new to the forum. But I think the new speedies got their appeal as well.....I personally don't consider them the same watch as the moonwatch original speedy pros. That's why I picked up the GSOTM for myself and am still planning on a 3570.50.00.