Forums Latest Members
  1. Mathemagician Apr 18, 2016

I am yet another forum newbie here (first post). Have always liked watches, but only recently gotten attracted to serious watches. Fell in love with Seikos, especially after living in Japan. (My best watch to date is a Hi Beat GMT Grand Seiko). But recently I have been wanting to go vintage, especially vintage chronograph, and although I love Seiko, I really don't love their chrono's for the most part. Most attracted to Omega and Heuer. I hope to learn enough to buy a great piece (or a few). I have really no interest in trying to make a profit. I doubt I'll be a seller on here or anywhere. Thanks in advance for welcoming another new guy.

image.jpeg
    sky21, Giff2577, Nitzbar and 6 others like this.
  2. meganfox17 Apr 18, 2016

Hi @Mathemagician[​IMG]

Since it's Tues 8.35 am 19.4.2016 now in Malaysia so you'll need a Birthyear Vintage Omega Speedmaster Professional 145.022.xx
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Edited Apr 18, 2016
  3. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Apr 19, 2016

Hi and welcome. As soon as you mention "chronograph", the Pavlovian response is to go for a Speedmaster. Leaving aside the bewildering model variations and the murky waters trawled by the Speedie collectors, that would be to ignore some very nice Omega chronos from other lines such as Seamasters, De Villes, Flightmasters, Chronostops and even the Polaris line.

I suggest you do a bit of online image searching on some of the above, see what interests you, what the market is and refine your search. There is no shame in not following the herd ;)

4. Mathemagician Apr 19, 2016

I'm certain that at some point, I will want a vintage speedy, but I also find myself really drawn to vintage seamaster chronos like the one in this picture (no particular attraction to this exact watch, it was just an easy pic to grab off google), but I am still learning and am not sure where I will start. That's why I am here - to gain knowledge and make a good decision (or three).

image.jpeg
    Mouse_at_Large likes this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 19, 2016

Was that the one on Hoodinkee? It sold at a fair price the day it went up lol.

6. Mathemagician Apr 19, 2016

No, but I saw that one, too. I think this one was from eBay