Forums Latest Members

Hi from Country Queensland and a question regarding servicing.

1. LuckyLes Jan 8, 2021

I have been following the forum for about a month or so looking for somewhere to have my Seamaster Aqua Terra
    repaired. I have 2 Quartz Constellations that also needed new batteries, an. d an old Omega Geneve manual wind that I was given a couple of years ago.
    I took them all to Brisbane on Wednesday and today I received a call from the repairer with a quote for the Seamaster. Apparently it needs the following:

Required

Overhaul

Mainspring

Reduction Wheel

Driving Wheel

Reverse Wheel

Case Service Kit

Water Pressure Test

Cost

(OPTIONAL) Glass $ 220

(OPTIONAL) Complimentary Polish Of The Case And $ 0 The Bracelet.

Total estimate (Without Options) (incl. GST) $ 913
    Does this seem reasonable? I don't think there was any problem with the glass.
    Thanks
    Les

2. LuckyLes Jan 9, 2021

Hi again,
    I thought I might have got some sort of response, even if it was go away. Any help out there?

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 9, 2021

Hi Les,

You have posted your request in the FORUM NEWS & MEMBER SUPPORT forum so it may not have been noticed, it would have been better posted in "Vintage Omega Watches Help, Discussion and Advice".

Now, in answer to your question, a question from me.

Did you go to an Omega Boutique/Omega Service Centre or to an independent watchmaker?

The price shown for a complete service by Omega for an AT is $830 (replacement parts would be extra).

https://www.omegawatches.com/customer-service/interventions-and-prices/price-information

Note that if it was an independent watchmaker, it's essential that he has an Omega Parts Account to be able to source any parts needed.

Your AT is also a co-axial movement, so it requires a suitably qualified/trained and competent person to service it correctly.

Cheers

Jim

4. LuckyLes Jan 9, 2021

Hi Jim,
    I went to Brisbane Vintage Watches in Brisbane Arcade. They are Omega repairers. The price they quoted includes parts as per the quote, so I suppose I just have to suck it up. When I had a look at the Guarantee card I was surprised to see that I have had the watch for 13 years and it is my daily wearer, so has a reasonably hard life.
    Thank you for your response.
    Les