Forums Latest Members
  1. Prexdealer Jan 3, 2012

2. ulackfocus Jan 3, 2012

Um, the first tip that the dial is not original to the watch is the fact it says "AUTOMATIC" and the watch has a manual winding movement. :eek::confused:

The movement is from 1950 so the seller wasn't too far off when dating the watch. The big problem is that many Omega parts fit together even if the factory didn't intend for them to - so there are a lot of frankenwatches, meaning cobbled together watches that sell to unsuspecting inexperienced collectors. Personally I'd tell the seller you found out it isn't original and you don't want to pay for it, but he does say "as is" and the watch is "for parts".

Did you notice the listing says the caseback is missing? If not, you've made a poor purchase. If so and you do need the parts for another watch that isn't a bad price.... but I suspect from the wording in your post that this is not the case. (pardon the pun) For $111, it's a good lesson in vintage Omega and the precautions you need to take.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 3, 2012

Though he does say as is, the title of the listing is omega Automatic movement, and since it clearly isn't an automatic you could probably leverage yourself out of it on misrepresentation grounds if needed.

4. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jan 3, 2012

If you paid with Paypal, you could likely open a case for "Item not as described". They'll always side with the buyer. I'd attempt a friendly chat with the seller before going this route.

Welcome to ΩF :)