Forums Latest Members
  1. slate1234 Oct 10, 2018

Hi all joined a few Days ago I'm from wales uk I have just got myself a omega Los Angeles 1932 Olympic Edition (date) I would like to ask a quick question should there be a serial number on the watch itself ? I have removed the strap there are no numbers between the lugs either end should there be ? on the case back it reads omega then 5 olympic rings then official time keeper is this correct I will post some pictures later,
    Thanks.

2. lillatroll Oct 10, 2018

Hello and welcome fellow welshman,
    I just thought I would say hello, I have no idea if they put the refrence number on this watch anywhere else apart from the caseback. It is on the lug of my SM 300 co axial but I don’t know if this is a relatively recent thing that they do or just something specific to the SM 300; it has a clear caseback so maybe they put the refrence number on the lugs instead.

slate1234 likes this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 10, 2018

Pictures of the watch.

The 1932 edition was a pocket watch...

4. lillatroll Oct 10, 2018

I thought it was a speedmaster reduced/ automatic with a big red omega symbol on it....If its a pocket watch I definitely have no idea.

5. slate1234 Oct 10, 2018

sorry yes speedmaster reduced/automatic and it does have the omega symbol on it I will post pics sortly thank you very much for the welcom and fast reply

6. Slowpoker Oct 10, 2018

I thought so too, why is this in the modern section if it's a vintage Omega in question??

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 10, 2018

Ahh my google foo was not strong enough...

That was right around the cross over when they started putting the serial number on the bottom side of the lug at 7 oclock on the dial. It may or may not have a serial number there. My date does, while earlier ones may not.

slate1234 and lillatroll like this.
  8. slate1234 Oct 10, 2018

omega 1.jpg omega 2.jpg omega 3.jpg
    hope they are good enough for everyone

9. slate1234 Oct 10, 2018

omg found it thank you so much for the rapid response the serial number matches the card can I post pictures of the cards or should I hide any numbers I am one relived man

Foo2rama likes this.