Forums Latest Members

[Hi, 1st post here]Do those old Ploprof bracelets fit Ploprof 1200?

1. bloodkrishna Jul 7, 2013

Hello guys, Im from Hong Kong and this is my first post in this forum :)

I just bought my 2nd Omega recently [Ploprof 1200 on rubber strap, my first Omega is 3570.50]

I actually love those old 600 blue Isofrane strap and bracelets,
    I saw some photos on forum that some owner put the new 1200 strap on 600
    but I never saw any 600 bracelet on 1200,

so I'm wondering is it doesn't fit?
    besides the Old Mesh [with that flight seat buckle] I also love this one showing below
    I don't know how people call this, I call it Oyster[-ish] bracelet
    I found some NOS of this but I wonder does this fit my 1200

[​IMG]

hope you guys could help me, give me some advices or answers
    thanks

oh yeah
    I should show you my two beloved Omega::love::

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 7, 2013

There's a modern version of the 24mm Isofrane you can buy for about $110, the vintage bracelet is an interesting question, there's one on eBay here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEGA-1970s...1621621-NOS-/350626205243?hash=item51a2f34e3bPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

From the pics it looks like teh endlinks on the 24mm bracelet are a tube style design which would make fitment very similar to the mesh bracelet, it looks like that tube endlink is fairly thin and should fit in the lugs easily enough, at that price it might be worth trying it, I can't say for sure but have a look at these pictures and then at the lugs on your Ploprof 1200.

$(KGrHqNHJDUFB,WYOoLBBQhb8I,8kg~~60_57.JPG $(KGrHqFHJCsFBq0fLGw3BQhb8IDHEQ~~60_57.JPG

3. bloodkrishna Jul 7, 2013

thanks for the reply dsio

I did ask watchco on ebay before their answer is "no, it doesnt fits 1200 perfectly"
    no more explanation to me, so I stop right there

also, Im concern about does the lug bar fit those old bracelets too,
    so I wish someone have actually doing this thing ::stirthepot:: would share their experience :thumbsup:

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 7, 2013

Watchco would have said that purely because it isn't designed for the 1200 and they don't want to ship it out only for you to return it when you find out it doesn't fit, so I wouldn't take that as dispositive by any means.

Mike (MSNWatch) is actually one person who could help you with this although he's probably a bit busy, he does have a Ploprof 1200 as well as a Ploprof 600 on this bracelet.

5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 7, 2013

I think it should fit. You will need double shouldered spring bars though since that is the only way you can properly use it. I suspect also with this switch there might be a bit of play in relation to the watch head - I don't think it will be snug. I will say though the modern mesh bracelet for the 1200 is superb and IMO superior to any vintage bracelet. As you know the microadjustment function alone in the buckle is worth it.

6. bloodkrishna Jul 7, 2013

thanks for the reply guys, really helpful,:)

I got the same advice from a local forum, told me that those old bracelet maybe too light for1200 head
    It probably wont be comfortable
    so.... well, maybe just let it be then :oops:

I guess the new mesh is better made and built,
    the reason I wanna try vintage one is I like that oyster bracelet like bracelet I posted above
    I think it looks real good on Ploprof I like it very much

btw, I never really handle a 600 [I saw it in some used store, never pick it up]
    is it much lighter than 1200? so its comfortable and sit on wrist firmly with those old bracelet ?

thanks

7. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jul 7, 2013

It feels like half the weight of the 1200. And yes, comfortable with the old bracelet but the old one feels much flimsier than the new bracelet.