Forums Latest Members
  1. WhatKindofWatch Jul 21, 2016

Hey everyone. I'm new. I'll be completely honest: I saw an opportunity with watches that I thought would be profitable so I dove in, but now that I'm here, I've really taken an interest in watches. I used to sell jewelry and that's when I first noticed watches as an aesthetic piece (this was 2010, when the more fake diamonds you could cram onto a G-Shock rip off, the better), but now that I'm writing about them I'm starting to enjoy the craftsmanship of it all. My favorite right now is Bulgari, I just like the look, but I'm also really digging Omegas because James Bond. If I could buy any watch right now, though, it would be an '83 Seiko, the G757. Its nothing too special, but to me it just captures that 80s supercar feel, it looks like a Lambo or something.

So that's it! That's me. I'm going to stick around here and I hope to learn a lot!

jimmyjay likes this.
  2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 21, 2016

Pictures!!! Some of us cant read words alone

3. WhatKindofWatch Jul 21, 2016

Here's the G757:
    Picture_221_1936_2592_f9f9f9_imageslargewater.png_140_60_40_r_b_-10_-10_all_15.jpg

I just love the look. The little square corner there marks the seconds and works as other complications, like stopwatch.

It was the watch Bond wore in Octopussy. Seiko no longer produces the watch, but you can find 'em on eBay for $500 & up. It's still a pretty popular watch from what I understand, and Casio makes an alright knock-off, but it doesn't have quite the same feel to it.

ahartfie likes this.
  4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 21, 2016

Oh shit, i had one of these as a kid!!! It is a retro dream for sure.

Welcome to the forum!!

WhatKindofWatch likes this.