Forums Latest Members

Hey guys question on some Rolex

1. Walrus Jul 16, 2019

let me start with this pic. I know it’s not a good pick just wondering if I should follow up

upload_2019-7-16_21-17-5.jpeg upload_2019-7-16_21-17-5.jpeg

2. Walrus Jul 16, 2019

Next
    upload_2019-7-16_21-18-40.jpeg

3. Walrus Jul 16, 2019

Next

upload_2019-7-16_21-20-51.jpeg

4. asrnj77 Jul 16, 2019

I think these are 34mm. Are you comfortable with that?

5. Walrus Jul 16, 2019

Yup I’m pretty sure the are all 34mm I’m just feeling it out do any look good enough where I should follow up on. I don’t know if these are reasonable prices. I know I need more pics but price is the price being asked nothing special. It may not be feasible for me to do anything but they guy sent them to me so I figured I’d ask the knowledgeable people if anything sticks out and yes I may be thinking flipping towards my speedy

upload_2019-7-16_21-22-5.jpeg
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 16, 2019

What currency?

7. rkman11 Jul 16, 2019

Hard to say with those pics. But I can say if it’s in US dollars, I don’t see you flipping those for much profit.

Foo2rama and WatchCor like this.
  8. WatchCor Jul 16, 2019

I agree, if those prices are USD then I honestly don't see a significant possibility for OP to make a profit on those.

KingCrouchy and Foo2rama like this.
  9. Walrus Jul 16, 2019

Yup all USD. So nothing great huh. Probably just as well. I’m not really hunting Rolex and I’m not a flipper but if I did come across something I could use only to trade or work my way up to a good Omega that’s all I’m looking for. The dude has a speedy with a dent in it. It’s not a minor dent looks like someone clipped the bezel. When he first sent me the pic I thought I might be on to something but then he said 1,400 just for the head. So even these sub 2k watches would get me no where. I know they need a service as well. I thought I saw some higher prices on some of these at Bobs but I didn’t look around much and they are probably immaculate while this guy always finds the dents or some other issue. Just so I know are you seeing any serious issues or are the prices just inline with watches. I need to get to the point where I will know these things off hand but I don’t know numbers names and years just by looking. Thanks for the input guys if I make a mistake like that at this time It would do me serious damage. I am a bit surprised though as I don’t often see Rolex at these prices usually higher but I don’t know the 34mm that well and I know these aren’t top specimens. Are they at least in the right ballpark or is he overcharging with condition and what not.

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 17, 2019

@Walrus Bobs is a well respected dealer with serviced, warranties, and a reputation for perfect descriptions of pieces. They command a higher price then most people would be able to get.

Larry S, Walrus and rkman11 like this.
  11. Walrus Jul 17, 2019

Yeah certainly it’s trusted I wasn’t going dollar to dollar but when I saw a 3,000 discrepancy on one of the watches this guy has and bobs sells it for several thousand more it made me think. Bob are kinda schisters a bit anyway

12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 17, 2019

Your paying for no worries and not having to hunt. Many in the Rolex world will pay a little more for this. So will many in the Omega world. Dealers exist for a reason. Bon’s Knows what the market will bear and what type of markup they can support on a piece. Additionally on these early pieces you really need to know if there are any service parts and subtle variations can affect price. Since you are unable to grade them yourself, and have no knowledge of service parts and variations... Bob’s would be a safe place for you to buy.

I’d not call them a shyster which implies deception or lack of character.

Larry S, Traveler, airansun and 3 others like this.
  13. Walrus Jul 17, 2019

Only when you try to sell them something and they agree on a tentative price but drop the price big time due to minor issues you had already discussed in detail. That is a bit scheisty but hey you like bobs more power to you it’s a free country unless you want to buy stuff

14. spacemission Jul 17, 2019

Expensive for me.

15. drhombus24 Jul 17, 2019

I’ve sold to bobs multiple times. They generally gave me offers only slightly lower than what I would have been able to sell it myself. I’ve never once had them reduce the price on me. Are you speaking from experience? Just curious

Edited Jul 17, 2019
    Foo2rama likes this.
  16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 17, 2019

Flipping watches to get to better watches isn’t as easy thing without a fair bit of knowledge and money to start with.

If you have to ask us if they are a good price to flip for profit. That’s like us doing your homework. Which many above just have, and saved you failing profit 101.

17. igatomic Jul 17, 2019

I'll second this! 20 years ago it was still possible to find some great watches at local flea markets, or on ebay if somebody listed and didn't do a good job of it. In this day and age, with phone pictures coming out better than film ever did, and with virtually eveyone in the world having access to the internet, the days of the 'barn find' are long gone. (unless you are in the business and people bring things to you)

Factor in the sharp increase in sport rolex watches and you are entering into speculation on whether the market can continue to support increasing prices...

18. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 17, 2019

Who said I liked them. I do research and know what I’m hunting. I don’t ask people to grade a bunch of watches for me and say I’m going to flip them.

I don’t buy from established dealers. And gasp! A dealer buys under market???? Did you know the sky is blue? Your literally the first person I’ve ever heard complain about Bobs.

You did not have to sell to them at the counter offer.

19. Walrus Jul 17, 2019

I just go by the independent reviews I have read. There was a common theme running in them

20. Walrus Jul 17, 2019

I will refrain from saying further things about bobs as I am going to mail them one of my watches but I did read poor reviews about the mail in thing. I hope to find a different experience

Larry S likes this.