Hey folks, I need some help.

I am have an Omega Seamaster Soccer Timer. A little history; My Mom bought the watch new at an authorized dealer in Pgh Pa for their anniversary on 1970. My Dad passed away in 2000 and the watch went to me. I didn't want to mess up the case etc with scratches. I was a Paramedic and hard on watches. But it meant a lot to me so I kept it safe. Fast forward, I decided to have it gone through. I contacted Omega in Switzerland. They told me where/how to send it. I told them to spare no expense and to make the watch perfect. Weeks later, I received the watch back. A bag of parts and a really sweet looking watch. It has the roulette face BTW. The receipt says it is a ST145.0019 and an 861 Cal. It has never been worn and I guess it is a close to flawless as it can be. I kept it in my safe deposit box and about once a month wound it. I checked on it after I wound it a few times and it keeps perfect time. My question is, how much should I list it for and what good sites are there to list it? My apologies but I am not a watch guy !! At 74 I am just a volunteer Medic and Asst Fire Chief. Any input will be greatly appreciated !!! I have the receipt from Omega and the box. I do not have the original sales receipt and have no idea where Mom would have kept it.
Edited:

Like 1
eBay is your best bet. It is a bit of a shame you sent it to Omega for service if you were planning to sell it. They usually devalue vintage watches by replacing the original parts with service ones (hence the bag of parts).

Like 3
You'll have a dozen PM's before morning......make sure you get the money out of your bank and close the account before sending the watch........

or you could follow the Forum Rules and get to 200 posts and list it here in our Classifieds..

Welcome

Like 5
You'll have a dozen PM's before morning......make sure you get the money out of your bank and close the account before sending the watch........

or you could follow the Forum Rules and get to 200 posts and list it here in our Classifieds..

Welcome
Sorry if I didnt follow a rule. I am new to all this.

eBay is your best bet. It is a bit of a shame you sent it to Omega for service if you were planning to sell it. They usually devalue vintage watches by replacing the original parts with service ones (hence the bag of parts).
It was in 2006 that I sent it to them. I didn't know where else to turn....Ive kept it all this time.

Like 1

Welcome
Anyway, I didn't mean to break any rules. I wasn't listing it for sale, but rather just wanted pointed in the right direction.

exemptions-no-longer.85119

Not trying to bust your balls just trying to protect you from getting scammed as a newbie
No, I appreciate you. I have had people asking me to send it to them and they will make on offer. NOT. And I have had experience with the realreal......But any way thanks !!

Hi Rich,
While you will get some good pointers on where to sell your watch you may also get some private messages offering to buy it.
There's no problem with that, however, the internet is full of arseholes and they outnumber the good guys.
Unfortunately the arseholes can sneak on to our forum and, acting as a member, offer to buy your watch.

If you receive an offer from any members with very low post counts, or very recent history of joining, please ignore them or seek further guidance here.

Our members and the moderator team are good at sniffing them to, but sometimes they get through.

That's what @TexOmega was getting at.

Like 13
Hi Rich,
While you will get some good pointers on where to sell your watch you may also get some private messages offering to buy it.
There's no problem with that, however, the internet is full of arseholes and they outnumber the good guys.
Unfortunately the arseholes can sneak on to our forum and, acting as a member, offer to buy your watch.

If you receive an offer from any members with very low post counts, or very recent history of joining, please ignore them or seek further guidance here.

Our members and the moderator team are good at sniffing them to, but sometimes they get through.

That's what @TexOmega was getting at.
Thx. I get ut. And I really do appreciate your advice. If I wasn't in East Podunk Arkansas, I would bring it somewhere to get it appraised. Quite a culture shock moving from PGH Pa to Minneapolis to here !!! Anyway I tried to network here to no avail. But I know what you are talking about. Its a shame that some folks are like that. Being in my line of work I get people trying to scam me all the time with medical equipment. They try every trick in the book to separate you from your money !!!

Like 4
Yep, me'n @JimInOz are the ONLY SANE ones here and you've found both of us within 10-20 minutes!

Good Show!!::rimshot::

OH, MY, A NEIGHBOR!!!

Like 2
Hopefully Omega didn't change out any of the external cosmetic parts, like dial, hands, bezel, etc. If the only things they changed was parts from the movement, it's not a problem. If there are any external parts in the bag they returned, including pushers, crown, etc., you might want to take good care of them, because a collector will want to have them reinstalled, and the watch is less valuable without them. For example, if the original hands have been scratched up in that bag, you're out of luck.

You can sell the watch to a dealer for cash, or some dealers will take a watch on consignment. An auction is also an option. You might also want to join a local watch enthusiast group, like the NAWCC. A local cash sale could be very convenient, and even if you find a local buyer, the personal contacts will be helpful.

Appraisals of collectible vintage watches are pretty much useless unless you're looking for an exaggerated value for insurance. If you want to know the market value, you need to research recent sales of similar watches. Sales, not asking prices.
Edited:

Like 6
Just so you know. If you someone pays, you remove the money from the bank and it's a scam. You will still have to pay the bank back. Even if you shipped the watch.

If your not sure what to do. Then don't do it. Find someone you know, trust and familiar with selling items. Ask for help

Like 1
I say hang onto it being a family heirloom. Tbh my pops was a tough SOB ran boot camp on Paris island until an injury I don’t think he mentally recovered from losing that so my home was like boot camp at times but I still cherish the couple watches I have of his.

Like 2
I say hang onto it being a family heirloom. Tbh my pops was a tough SOB ran boot camp on Paris island until an injury I don’t think he mentally recovered from losing that so my home was like boot camp at times but I still cherish the couple watches I have of his.
Unfortunately, I never was fortunate enough to have any children. I am the last living person in my family and at 74 I guess I thought it would be better for someone who appreciates it too have it.

Like 2
^ the question..

^^ the answer...
Where are the pictures? Or what is the answer?