Forums Latest Members
  1. Swordhands May 3, 2022

I don’t know if this is the correct place to post this or not. I didn’t see a service/repair subforum.
    I’ve got a 2531.80 with a helium escape valve that’s come loose from the case. Not the valve itself, but the entire threaded tube. The valve is in tact, but I was hoping to find out what actually secures the threaded tube into the case itself? I assume it’s some kind of loctite/thread locker but I wanted to be sure I was using the correct compound.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, trying to source a dial, date wheel and handset…if anybody has any hints?

Much appreciated

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 3, 2022

PATRICK JP likes this.
  3. Swordhands May 3, 2022

is that for the push fit tubes, or the threaded tubes, or both? I know I’ve seen it for the press fit.

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 3, 2022

Sorry, I thought you had a press fit tube, didn't read it properly.
    638 would still work, or if you want to be pedantic and use a thread locker on the threaded tube, Loctite 263 will give you a near permanent solution.

PATRICK JP likes this.
  5. Swordhands May 3, 2022

Not trying to be pedantic. Just trying to be sure I don’t do something totally incorrect. Hoping it will still be water tight.

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 3, 2022

Sorry, it wasn't a jibe, just light hearted play on words.
    Many Loctite products fill the same gap (pun) so they can be used almost interchangeably for our purposes as long as you compare the specifications.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 4, 2022

The tube threads should have red Loctite thread locking compound applied to them, but you will need to clean whatever residue is left over from the previous installation.