Forums Latest Members

Heuer Viceroy Autavia- Input appreciated

1. Tbone Jan 2, 2017

I posted this earlier to the Heuer forums but haven't received any feedback. There is much more activity here so I figured I'd post this request and see what happens.
    I'm looking at this Viceroy and wanted to get opinions. My thoughts: The case appears to be the shallow Piquerez case with the open front pushers and partially obscured rear, but it looks to have the deep case back from the Schmitz case. I'm also scratching my head on the high serial #336XXX. Any Heuer fans want to provide a little-needed education?

Autavia from Alfred- Back Case 1.jpg Autavia from Alfred- Case 1.jpg Autavia from Alfred- crown 1.jpg Autavia from Alfred- Face 1.jpg Autavia from Alfred- Face 2.jpg Autavia from Alfred- Face 3.jpg Autavia from Alfred- Face reference #.jpg Autavia from Alfred- Movement 1.jpg

2. Drawarms Jan 2, 2017

you missed the nice one on the forum for sale earlier!

3. Tbone Jan 5, 2017

Never mind...I bought it :confused:. Doing my fair share for the economy.

4. Just Livin Jan 5, 2017

I do not class myself at all as a Heuer expert.
    I only respond as I have a similar high serial number which I researched at some point, and discovered it to be a run of one of the last batches of the case that was made. So seemed to check out. I found at the time an article on the topic which I think may help.
    http://thoughts.onthedash.com/thoughts/serial-numbers-of-viceroy-autavias/
    So it looks like this would have been a case made after the Viceroy promotion run.
    The case backs were interchangeable, but, I would 'expect' that the original had the shallow case back. But who knows for sure. If you agree with me that it was one of the later batches of cases, then they may have being using whatever case backs were still around.
    http://onthedash.com/docs/CompareViceroys.shtml
    Lume plots should be present on all the markers, not just at 12 O'Clock. But expect you clocked that one.

5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 5, 2017

Looks fine to me. :thumbsup:

Always liked the dials on these Viceroys, and the red-tipped hands that resemble a lit cigarette.

6. Tbone Jan 5, 2017

Thanks for the input guys. It's stuck in customs! Think about using an alternative to FedEx when shipping international. The "Watch Worksheet" that's required wasn't completed by the shipper (because he wasn't asked) and it's causing issues now!