Posts
24
Likes
7
I've been looking at this watch and both the letters and the numbers seem off, don't you think? I asked and was told the dial is all original - not restored.
 
Posts
24
Likes
7
I've been looking at this watch and both the letters and the numbers seem off, don't you think? I asked and was told the dial is all original - not restored.
Added three reference pictures that all seem to be identical concerning the font/print.

 
Posts
12,148
Likes
40,474
Yeah it looks to me like there are a couple small details that don't add up
 
Posts
6,427
Likes
31,546
I've been looking at this watch and both the letters and the numbers seem off, don't you think? I asked and was told the dial is all original - not restored.
The 8's in the 9 o' clock subdial are wonky so pretty sure it's a restored dial.
 
Posts
13,519
Likes
23,457
These are difficult imo as I believe they were relatively small print runs so you do see differences.
 
Posts
24
Likes
7
These are difficult imo as I believe they were relatively small print runs so you do see differences.
The others match up well thought, don't you think? Plus the one in question has the blue in the 3 o'clock subdial going over the circle which is kinda strange.
 
Posts
24,798
Likes
55,079
The sub-dials don't look great to me, but I'm definitely no expert on this watch.
 
Posts
3,433
Likes
9,112
The small numbers on the sub dials don't look good, especially the zeros.