Forums Latest Members

SOLD Heuer Carrera Ref. 73653 Exotic Dial

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Nov 18, 2018

This is a beautiful example of a seldom seen 1970's Carrera reference (the last manually-wound Carrera, as this was shortly replaced by the automatic, Cal 11 Carreras). This particular example was purchased directly from the original owner, who received the watch as a gift when he turned 18 and wore it for the next 20 years before retiring it to a drawer. I am selling a handful of watches before year-end due to the recent (unintentional) sprawl of my collection and a rather costly month of incomings in October. I've truly enjoyed this one, but I'd like to see it in someone else's collection who won't leave it in a bank for six months at a time.

Full condition report below:

Dial / Handset: Absolutely perfect dial and handset, with desirable exotic dial and creamy patina, as well as all plots in perfect condition. As can be seen in the pictures, these dials are a mesmerizing mix of the champagne dial (which changes tones based on the tilt of the wrist) and matte blue registers. The blue internal tachy scale / tension ring on the outside of the dial provides a nice contrast as well.
    11-12-18-4.jpg 11-14-18-10.jpg 11-14-18-5.jpg 11-14-18-4.jpg

Case / Crown:
    Case is in very good shape, with one tiny ding on the bottom right lug (shown in pictures below) and light surface scratching throughout. Most importantly, case lines are sharp and while I don't know the exact history, I'd be surprised if it has been polished. Caseback is in great condition. Crown is original. Crystal is original and has a bunch of superficial scratching that I purposefully left alone. 11-14-18-1.jpg
    11-14-18-2.jpg 11-14-18-11.jpg
    11-14-18-6.jpg
    Movement / Functionality: The Carrera is powered by a Valjoux 7736 and was serviced by a local watchmaker a little over a year ago. All functions work correctly and the watch keeps great time, but sold as-is. I no longer open watches for pictures unless absolutely necessary, but I stand behind the movement condition and performance.

Bracelet: As mentioned above, I'm including the original Gay Freres BoR bracelet in perfect condition with correct "HEL" end links. These routinely sell for $1,500+ on their own. At this time, I'd prefer not to split up the watch head and bracelet.
    11-14-18-7.jpg
    My price is $5,750 or best offer with payment via PayPal (friends and family or add 3%) or direct bank wire. US sale preferred, international sales will pay the cost of shipping. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary.

Please reach out to [email protected] with any questions, or feel free to PM me on Omega Forums.

11-14-18-3.jpg
    Edited Dec 10, 2018
    JohnSteed, shishy, George.A and 10 others like this.
  2. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Dec 1, 2018

Bump and price drop.

Chrobar likes this.
  3. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Dec 10, 2018

SOLD

Edited Dec 10, 2018