Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Heuer Carrera "Dato" Ref. 3147S First Execution

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jun 17, 2018

I've been on a buying spree over the past month or so, and specifically with a couple Carreras, which has narrowed my focus on which ones can stay. My loss is someone else's gain. The first execution Heuer Carrera 3147S is a very seldom seen watch, and particularly in this condition. This particular watch was originally a retirement gift, and not having tickled the fancy of the original owner, it sat in a drawer for its entire life. Upon the owner's death, the watch was inherited by his son, who had it serviced and then listed it for sale, which is where I found the watch.

Full story on the watch can be read on my site (not a plug, just don't want to re-type it all here): http://www.bazamu.com/heuer-carrera-dato-45/

Condition report as follows:

Case / Crown: Case is in great shape and retains the sharp, angled lugs that grace all 60's Carreras (the most beautiful case ever made for a sports watch, in my opinion). The watch exhibits many of the trademarks of a "drawer watch" and the case is Exhibit A. The crown is a generic replacement (the only non-original part of the watch).

Dial / Handset: Pristine dial and hands with creamy patina. The hands have a small amount of oxidation on the steel, but the lume is unaffected. The datewheel is in perfect condition, with vibrant red numbers. There are three specks of dust on the underside of the crystal and one dust particle sitting near the 7 o'clock marker on the dial. It never bothered me enough to open the watch, but it should be an extremely simple maneuver for the next buyer should it bother them. Importantly, the dial is in perfect condition and anything you see is resting on the underside of the crystal or on top of the dial.

Caseback: The caseback is engraved to "Tom Ledgerwood," the original owner of the watch. As with the rest of the case, the engraving is crisp and the caseback in perfect condition.

Movement / Functionality: As mentioned above, it was serviced right before I purchased the watch. The longer I collect, the less willing I am to open up a perfectly functioning watch just in the name of snapping a picture or ogling the movement. From a functionality standpoint, it winds smoothly, keeps great time, and the chronograph starts, stops, and resets crisply and accurately. Sold as-is but if there were an unexpected issue, I'm more than willing to work with the buyer to resolve it.

Other: The watch will be sold on a Bulang & Son cross-stitched strap.

WATCH HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN

Please reach out to [email protected] with any questions, or feel free to PM me on Omega Forums. 6.17.18-1.jpg 6.17.18-3.jpg 6.17.18-4.jpg 6.17.18-2.jpg IMG_9447.jpg View attachment 579412

IMG_9425.jpg
    Edited Aug 28, 2018
  2. Brook Jun 17, 2018

GLWS !

bazamu likes this.
  3. Buck2466 Jun 17, 2018

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Ditto!

4. bernarddevos Jun 18, 2018

Very nice watch. Is that crown the original?
    Good luck with the sale.

shishy and bazamu like this.
  5. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jun 18, 2018

Thank you for pointing that out - the crown is the only part of the watch that's not original, as it was changed when it was serviced last (I posted this also on Instagram and included that in the description I've sent to interested parties, but forgot to include here..whoops!). I've edited the description above.

sdre, Chrobar, bernarddevos and 2 others like this.
  6. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jun 26, 2018

Bump - and in considering comments / questions from some interested parties, I'm lowering the price and have sourced a 3147 crown (unsigned). I'm not planning to purchase the crown myself, but the price for it is $300 and I will happily connect the ultimate buyer of the Dato, should they desire.

Edited Jul 28, 2018
    sdre, frederico and Just Livin like this.
  7. Just Livin Jun 26, 2018

Stunning piece GLWS

8. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jul 1, 2018

Sunday bump. Open to reasonable offers.

9. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jul 7, 2018

Bump it up

10. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jul 14, 2018

Bump and price drop

11. luzer Jul 14, 2018

trade?

12. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jul 20, 2018

Bump, no trades please. Open to reasonable offers.

13. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jul 28, 2018

Bump

14. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Aug 24, 2018

Bump

Edited Aug 28, 2018