Forums Latest Members
  1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jul 31, 2020

Up for sale is a beautiful example of the first generation tachy dial 2447 Carreras. This particular example exhibits a brilliant shade of patina and I'll be sad to see it go. See below for all details:

Dial: The silver dial on this Carrera is in excellent overall condition, with one scratch near the 9 o'clock marker and another (very small) marking near the 3 o'clock areas. Both marks are from an incorrect crystal that was installed on the watch when I found it. The lume plot at 9 o'clock is shrunken, though that is extremely common with the dials that did not have an applied marker in the corners. First generation tachy scale is vibrant and in great condition and the rest of the lume plots are present, undamaged, and matching with a beautiful custard shade of patina.

Hands: Original hands are in excellent condition with perfectly matching patina in the H/M hands and no damage or markings to the subdial hands or chrono sweep hand. When hit with UV light, all lume briefly glows and fades out at the same rate.

Case: Case is in good overall shape, with original, sharp lines still present (though the case may have been lightly polished at some point in its past). I have included macro pictures of all lugs so please study the pictures. Caseback is correct and in good condition. Serial engraving (#79382) is clear and visible and there is no pitting or corrosion between the lugs. Crown is correct.

Movement: Valjoux 72 movement is original and very clean. I have worn the watch fairly often over the past couple of weeks and it keeps good time (note: I do not formally time my watches) with a strong power reserve. Chronograph functions correctly and stops/resets crisply. I will note that the minute subdial hand is offset from the minute lines by a minuscule amount, which does not bother me but may concern some of our OCD members here!

Accessories: The watch will be sold with a Hodinkee tan strap, similar to the one pictured.

My asking price is $7,750, which includes fully insured Fedex Priority shipping. Payment via PayPal (F&F or add 3% if using PP) or direct bank wire. Face-to-face in Denver is welcome for local buyers. Returns are not accepted unless I have materially misrepresented something (and I don't believe I have). Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. Thanks for looking and thanks to OF for the space.

Heuer_Carrera_2447T_Edit-1.jpg Heuer_Carrera_2447T_Edit-3.jpg Heuer_Carrera_2447T_Edit-4.jpg Heuer_Carrera_2447T_Edit-6.jpg Heuer_Carrera_2447T_Edit-7.jpg Heuer_Carrera_2447T_Edit-8.jpg Heuer_Carrera_2447T_Edit-9.jpg Heuer_Carrera_2447T_Edit-10.jpg Heuer_Carrera_2447T_Edit-11.jpg Heuer_Carrera_2447T_Edit-15.jpg Heuer_Carrera_2447T_Edit-16.jpg
  2. jhross98 Jul 31, 2020

great carrera. priced right. doubt it will last long.

Servius and bazamu like this.
  3. rkman11 Jul 31, 2020

In case there was any doubt that you have ALL the great watches...! What a beaut. GLWS!

bazamu likes this.
  4. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 31, 2020

Beauty

bazamu likes this.
  5. McKinley Jul 31, 2020

Beautiful.......were I but a poor man.

bazamu likes this.
  6. Davidt Aug 1, 2020

Great watch. Lovely example. GLWS

7. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Aug 1, 2020

OHPF, thanks OF

SteveP and jhross98 like this.
  8. jhross98 Aug 1, 2020

took about 4 hours longer than i expected :)

wristpirate and bazamu like this.