Forums Latest Members

SOLD Heuer Camaro Ref 73343

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Oct 21, 2017

If you want in on 1960's vintage Heuer but don't have a fortune to spend, I have the answer for you! The Heuer Camaro, reference 73343 - this particular one was purchased directly from the son of the original owner. See below for condition details:

Case: Case is fairly sharp - may have been slightly polished in the past, but the original case lines are still present and sunburst finishing, while not vibrant, is present. Pushers, as you can tell, are not correct. Typically I would go through the process of sourcing them before putting this up for sale, but it's busy times in the Bazamu house, so instead I'm going to list it for $200 lower than I normally would. Call that the "pusher tax." Shouldn't be hard to find for a motivated buyer.

Dial / Handset: Dial is in good shape, though the lume on the dial plots is darker than the hands. No scratches, pitting, or stains on the dial, and in direct sunlight it has a terrific brown hue. Hands are perfect.

Movement / Caseback: Caseback is devoid of any major scratches. Valjoux 7733 movement shows no damage or corrosion and is in good mechanical shape - chronograph starts, stops, and resets as it should. That said, I don't formally time my watches, and the watch is sold as-is. As usual, a full service is recommended.

Strap: The watch will be provided head-only. I have a surplus of 20mm NATO and rubber straps, so I will provide up to five of these straps (unworn) to the buyer. May not work with the Camaro, but could work with something else in your collection.

My price is $3,500 including overnight shipping with payment via PayPal (sent "Friends & Family," add 3% if that option is not used) or direct bank wire. US sale strongly preferred. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. I can be reached via PM or at [email protected].
    10.30.17-2.jpg 10.30.17-1.jpg 10.30.17-3.jpg Camaro-7.jpg Camaro-9.jpg Camaro-2.jpg Camaro-3.jpg Camaro-4.jpg Camaro-5.jpg Camaro-6.jpg

Edited Oct 29, 2017
    1685, watchdaddy1, George.A and 14 others like this.
  2. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Oct 24, 2017

Bump - a lot of inquiries but still available.

3. Davidt Oct 24, 2017

Never mind trying to find the next Yema, Lip, Poor Mans Heuer etc as an affordable 60's chronograph - This is it.

Classic, original styling from a big name manufacturer.

The Camaro is the best value vintage chronograph out there. GLWS.

4. ICONO Oct 24, 2017

Far more interesting, rarer & more attractive than any Speedmaster based on the hype, of a social media hashtag,.... or even a cartoon canine

A ‘Grown Up’ Chronograph......Very sensibly priced

Very best of luck with the sale

I am very sorely tempted.........especially as I have a ‘poste restante’ in Denver

bazamu likes this.
  5. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Oct 27, 2017

Bump and price drop to my firm offering price. I will include overnight shipping in this price (so it's not "net" anymore).

6. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Oct 29, 2017

Edited to include some better / clearer photos. I was a bit distracted last week and didn't take the best photos (as @toddle321 was happy to point out to me :whipped:).

toddle321 likes this.
  7. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Nov 3, 2017

Friday bump