Forums Latest Members

SOLD Heuer Bundeswehr "3H" Flyback

1. haga888 Jan 18, 2016

Hi, I have for sale an excellent example of a Heuer Bundeswehr Flyback. There is so much conflicting information about these I'm not sure of the exact origins of this watch. It has the "small" Heuer logo, non-cut off hour markers, "3H", and the "T" symbol on a tritium dial. This watch is in too good condition obviously to have ever been issued and was sold to me as NOS. I think it is likely a later issue, not a 60's/70's watch. The hands appear to be a different lume than the markers so likely replaced, but I have seen other photos online with this same setup. This one has very few scratches and the only noticeable fault on the case is a couple of dings on one of the lugs. See photos. There are a few scratches on the crystal which I believe could be poly'd away. To my knowledge everything is original Heuer. It will come on an unused Bund (see photos) not the cordura strap shown in the photos. It was serviced in Jan 2015 by my local watchmaker.

Brand: Heuer
    Model: Bundeswehr "3H" Flyback
    Ref: 1550 SG
    Year: circa ?, not sure due to condition.

Features: Flyback Chrono, 30 min counter, constant seconds, manual wind movement.

Movement: Valjoux 230
    Service History: Serviced locally in January 2015. Everything works as it should.

Case: minor ding on one lug, nothing else that I can see. 1550 SG is visible behind one lug. 4-digit serial is visible in on the other.
    Dial: flawless, tritium lume has aged evenly to a great tan colour. "3H" and "T" on the dial.
    Hands: Excellent condition. As noted the lume appears to be different than the dial markers.
    Crown and pushers: original, all work as they should.
    Crystal: surface scratches. I believe they could be polished out.
    Bezel: excellent.
    Strap: new, unused Bund
    Box and Papers: none.

Price: USD$3,000 via PayPal and includes international shipping to most countries (from Toronto, Canada) and insurance via Parcel Pro.

Pictures: I've tried to capture everything I've described but these are iPhone pics so there are limitations.

Any questions let me know. Thanks for looking.

IMG_2799.JPG IMG_2800.JPG IMG_2801.JPG IMG_2802.JPG IMG_2803.JPG IMG_2804.JPG IMG_2805.JPG IMG_2806.JPG IMG_2807.JPG IMG_2808.JPG IMG_2809.JPG IMG_2818.JPG IMG_2820.JPG IMG_2821.JPG IMG_2822.JPG

Edited Jan 18, 2016
  2. haga888 Jan 18, 2016

And Sold. Thanks buyer and OF.

randomguy and oddboy like this.
  3. randomguy Jan 18, 2016

Good to see some cross over on CWC as well. Congrats on the sale. J

oddboy likes this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex Jan 18, 2016

Wow. That went fast!

5. haga888 Jan 18, 2016

Vintage stuff just simply doesn't sell in Canada.

6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 18, 2016

I just joined up over there today! Hope to see some of you on home turf.

randomguy likes this.
  7. Zuke Jan 18, 2016

Yes I agree - I've been a member on CWC for a very long time. You rarely see vintage watches FS.

Congrats Haga

randomguy likes this.
  8. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 18, 2016

Nice example, and at an excellent price. Not suprised it went quickly.

From what I know, it is most likely an issued piece, though perhaps with some service parts. Whether these were replaced before after "retirement" is always a subject of some debate, speculation, and opinion. In fact, like many military references, the Heuer Bunds were often refinished and refurbished with new parts - dials, hands, bezels, pushers, etc. - over the course of active service. No doubt too, that some have been refurbished after retirement, as authentic replacement parts can still be found. For whatever reason,"wabi" is not as readily accepted by the market on this reference as it is on other military pieces.

RawArcher, haga888 and randomguy like this.
  9. donkii Jan 19, 2016

How about the caseback? A very common sight is that these casebacks looks new with exactly this number. However, its a nice watch to a good price :D

10. haga888 Jan 19, 2016

It's not a serial number. It's more like a military inventory number. Identifies branch, product, etc. So they should be the same. The serial number is between the top lug.

nickw likes this.
  11. ELV web Jan 19, 2016

Nice watch at great price, darn I wished I saw it earlier.

12. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jan 19, 2016

Right. That's the "National Stock Number" or sometimes referred to as "NATO Stock Number" because NATO members use the same numbers.

It was assigned in 1969 and represents a Heuer-Leonidas chronograph.

Tom