Forums Latest Members
  1. old_stuff Sep 16, 2014

Hi all,

I have been looking for a heuer autavia 2446 for a while, and I was pleasantly surprised when my wife got this for me as an early birthday present! The autavia will go well with my carrera:)

[​IMG]time for celebration. by eliwee., on Flickr

[​IMG]heuer on the side. by eliwee., on Flickr

ufo65, genepomelo, yande and 4 others like this.
  2. Mothra Sep 16, 2014

You lucky lucky man. That's for the wife and watch....

3. Interstatetime Sep 16, 2014

These two go well together. Nice indeed.

JohnCote

4. old_stuff Sep 17, 2014

Thanks guys! I am truly blessed by my wife:)

5. iLuveketchup Sep 22, 2014

Both the Autavia and Carrera are beautiful. It's a shame Heuer doesn't make watches like they use to.

6. old_stuff Sep 23, 2014

Thanks! I agree that Heuer chronographs in the 60s-70s period are brilliant.

7. yande Sep 24, 2014

Yes, I could not agree more with the comments of this thread.

First up, I have to ask, how does a wife gain so much knowledge to buy such a classic? Sure must have had a great instructor/teacher! Well done to the both of you.

"old_stuff" is that the original bezel insert for your Autavia?. I replaced mine with a cheap replacement when I did not know better, but first chance, my original is going back on. The Carrera was a grail of mine, until I settled for the Autavia, and then picked up a no name Pasadena.
    It's amazing how the Heuer / Omega designs of the late 60's era are the ones that attract me the most. A lot like music for this 56 year old!
    I like a lot of the new stuff, but my roots are back in the late 60's / early 70's!

I hope you don't mind that I post my couple, plus another "great" from this era. flightmaster!

Autavia MH11630
    Heuer Autavia IMG_6642.jpg

Heuer 750.501 PVD
    IMG_9967.JPG

flightmaster cal 911
    IMG_0482.jpg

Like most here, I must show this thread to my wife..

old_stuff and genepomelo like this.
  8. old_stuff Sep 24, 2014

Great collection of heuers!

The bezel insert should be original to this particular watch. Although there are numerous versions of the bezel for the autavia 2446c.

I am still learning on vintage watches from the various forums.

I just try my best to weave my interest in watches into my daily conversation with my wife, especially stories about the watch history:p Unfortunately, this strategy does not work all the time!

yande likes this.
  9. ostneb Apr 5, 2018

Beautiful watch, congrats!