Forums Latest Members

SOLD Heuer Autavia 1163V "Viceroy"

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jan 26, 2018

Alright, the first watch up for sale in 2018! My reason for selling is very simple - this originally came with a GF BoR bracelet and I wanted the bracelet to wear with my Villeneuve Autavia from the 70's. If I didn't already have a cushion case Autavia, however, I'd probably keep this in the fold. This is the second 1163V that I've handled / briefly owned and the condition on this one is truly fantastic - if you've wanted one of these, you won't do much better than this. Onto the description:

Case: As you can see in the pictures, the case is very sharp and in unpolished condition. There are enough small surface swirls to ease any fears of a re-polished case, and the seller that I purchased from (more of a "junk seller") did not prepare the watch in any way pre-sale. The caseback has very faint (and very crude) engravings that look like a series of numbers and then two names. They're barely even visible unless tilted to the right angle, and would be easy for the next owner to buff out if they're an eye sore. Serial of 2735XX (last two digits removed from the picture below) corresponds to the correct time period.

Dial / Handset:
    If you're looking for a perfect Viceroy dial, look no further. Lume is all present and fulsome, hands are in terrific shape (and period correct for the Viceroy Autavia) with closely matching patina, and the silver date wheel is in mint condition. There is one piece of dust sitting on the dial (clearly shown just to the left of the 26 minute mark on the 30-min counter) and a series of scratches / particles on the crystal itself. I put some PolyWatch on the crystal, but a watchmaker could easily buff out the remaining scratches. Most importantly, the dial itself is in mint condition.

Bezel: Minute/Hour ("MH") bezel with lume pip at 12 o'clock is in fantastic condition. I've always thought that this is the most attractive bezel on these Autavias.

Movement: The Cal. 12 self-winding movement was represented to be in good condition when I purchased the watch and I've noticed no deficiencies in the two days that I've handled the watch. A few shakes or winds of the left stem and the movement starts up, and the watch has kept accurate time while on the wrist (usually periods of 2-3 hours). Chronograph starts, stops, and resets perfectly. The watch is sold "as found / as-is," so I recommend an eventual servicing and I will not allow returns unless the watch has been misrepresented.

Strap / Accessories: The watch will be sold with two vintage styled cross-stitch straps, unworn. One brown (pictured) and one black. They were purchased from an independent strap maker on Etsy.

Overall, this is a damn near perfect version of one of the most recognizable Heuers ever made. My price is $3,750 via PayPal (Friends & Family or add 4%). US sale strongly preferred. Face-to-face in Chicago is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. I can be reached via PM or at [email protected].

IMG_9618.jpg IMG_9615.jpg IMG_9621.jpg IMG_9619.jpg IMG_9622.jpg IMG_9623.jpg IMG_9627.jpg IMG_9630.jpg IMG_9625.jpg IMG_9582.jpg IMG_9584.jpg IMG_9609.jpg s-l1600.jpg IMG_9641.jpg

Edited Feb 1, 2018
    alam, tomvox1, chanbar and 9 others like this.
  2. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jan 29, 2018

Monday bump

Emega likes this.
  3. bernarddevos Jan 29, 2018

Very nice and honest Viceroy.

bazamu likes this.
  4. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Feb 1, 2018

Bump, price drop to $3,750.

5. Pasbru Feb 3, 2018

Hi,

Can you let me know maker of straps. Thanks

6. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Feb 6, 2018