Forums Latest Members

SOLD Heuer 2447N - First Execution, Silver Script - $10,900 OBO

1. JamesL1680 Apr 12, 2020

Thanks to OF for the space.

Up for sale is my Heuer Carrera 2447N "first execution" with silver script dial. I always hesitate to use the word "rare," but I will say that as far as Carreras go, there is something special about the three-register black dial variant, and it is definitely on the more "elusive" side, especially an early execution like this. It is not a perfect example, but it is nice, and accessible. The serial number of 776xx is in the correct range for this variant.

Why am I selling? Still consolidating after a few grails came along recently, and I have another Carrera that I reach for more often than this one. Unfortunately, I can't keep them alll...my loss is your gain.

On to the details...

Dial/Hands: Good to very good condition. There is a small scratch (< 1mm) directly to the left of the center post that is visible to the naked eye but does not "jump off" the dial, and is frequently covered by the hands. There are small areas of wear just around the center posts of the hour and minute registers that are also visible to the naked eye, and some other other minor spots that are not visible at all to the naked eye (I have owned the watch for 3 years and worn it frequently without noticing them). The hands are visibly scratched, but not in a way that detracts from the aesthetic, imho. IMPORTANTLY, the hand lume and lume plots were professionally redone (by one of the foremost professionals, I was told at the time of purchase), and I must say it is an excellent job in terms of both quality and color matching. The compound used was non-luminous, so they do not glow in the dark. I have done my best to take all of this into account in the price.

Case
    : Excellent condition, super sharp (thought I will not say unpolished), with correct (for first execution) unsigned crown.

Movement: Powered by the famous Valjoux 72. The watch was serviced prior to my purchasing it ~3 years ago, and is keeping time presently. The chronograph is functioning as expected.

Bracelet
    : This watch will be shipped head only.

On to pricing...

I am asking $12,750 - NOW $10,900 - for this watch and am open to offers. It is somewhat difficult to price given the lack of comps. There is a currently a second execution example listed on the Hodinkee Shop for $10,900 with dull, dark lume, and lume drop in one of the hands. My lume may not be original, but it is hands down more aesthetically pleasing, and the configuration (first execution hands, silver script dial) is rarer to boot. There is also a first execution, silver script 2447N for sale by a Swiss dealer for $16k, with (I assume) original lume. This is all to say, I think I am starting in the right ballpark, but please don't hesitate to start a conversation about price! I am not unrealistic or unreasonable in that regard.

The price includes fully insured shipping within CONUS (strongly preferred). Local pick-up is also welcome in the NYC area. I may ship internationally on a case by case basis, fully insured only and at the buyer's cost. For a transaction this size, I would prefer bank wire, but I would consider a partial payment through Paypal if that is of interest (you assume fees if you prefer not to use Friends & Family). I can provide references relating to purchases from and sales to fellow OF members on request, you should be able to do the same.

Now on to the best part - the photos! If there are other photos you'd like to see, please reach out and I can add accordingly in the comments. Alternatively, you can see more photos of the watch "in the wild" on Instagram @watchaholicnyc. Thanks for looking!

IMG_5453.jpg IMG_5456.jpg IMG_5457.jpg IMG_5458.jpg

Edited Apr 19, 2020
    marco, George.A, wkimmd and 8 others like this.
  2. cell1010 Apr 12, 2020

Lovely example!

3. JamesL1680 Apr 12, 2020

adding a few more pics...also, wanted to highlight (and i've added to the original post) the serial number of 776xx, for reference.

IMG_5580.jpg IMG_5581.jpg IMG_5582.jpg IMG_5583.jpg IMG_5585.jpg IMG_5587.jpg IMG_5588.jpg IMG_5589.jpg IMG_5590.jpg

4. JamesL1680 Apr 15, 2020

bump, and after convos with a few knowledgeable members and some further research - a nice price drop too

Brook likes this.
  5. JamesL1680 Apr 15, 2020

bump (edit: sorry for the dupe)

6. JamesL1680 Apr 19, 2020

weekend bump and price drop to $10,900 - a no brainer next to the Hodinkee watch imho...

7. JamesL1680 Apr 23, 2020

OHPF!

bazamu, Just Livin, jshaw083 and 3 others like this.
  8. JamesL1680 Apr 27, 2020

Watch is sold - thanks J and OF for the space!

bazamu and abrod520 like this.