Forums Latest Members

Hesalite scuff marks on new Moonwatch

1. Dombo63 Feb 1, 2016

I have recently noticed there is a scuff mark developing on the hesalite between 1 o'clock to 4 o'clock, and inline with the inner edge of the hour markers. Is a shirt cuff able to do this? I tend to baby the watch a little and take it off when doing anything likely to involve mud, sand or water.
    I have Polywatch so can polish the scuff relatively easily, but am surprised at how easily the crystal seems to mark.

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 1, 2016

Do you wear it on the left or right hand.

If on the left hand it could be just from pocket diving. Little bit of poly watch after reading a few threads on what to do ie, to stop bezel damage.

Had mine two years and have only bothered me enough to poly watch once.
    ( got me stuffed with scuffed from a cuffed but :D)

3. Dombo63 Feb 1, 2016

Left hand. Pocket diving makes sense, and blindingly obvious now you mention it, especially with jeans etc.Thanks.

STANDY likes this.
  4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 1, 2016

Dear Andy,

A "cuff" is the termination, or that part of your arm where your wrist appears, of the long sleeve of a shirt.
    A shirt is something people wear instead of singlets, but usually only south of Rocky.
    Some shirts are called "short sleeve", for example, like those worn by Homer Simpson and accountants.
    Long sleeve (or "sleeved") shirts are often worn by the managers of sleeping equipment distributors, generally with very hard and sharp peripheral extremities due to the large amount of starch favoured by this segment of the retail trade.
    Often worn by persons in the financial or legal field, the "Double cuff" or "French Cuff" is very similar, but it's just simply a half hearted attempt to indicate that the wearer is willing to "roll up his sleeves and help" when he has no real intention of doing so.
    French cuffs are renown for their sympathetic abrasion coefficient when applied to watches, thus they are favoured by wearers of watches bearing Hesalite crystals or 24K cases.
    In short, only a WIP (Watch Idiot Philistine) would wear a scratchy long sleeve (sleeved) shirt while wearing a Speedie with a Hesalite crystal.
    They would be much better of with a Navy Blue Chesty Bond.

I hope this answers your question about cuffs.

As to your other mention about "pocket diving", I'm afraid the forum censors would remove any educational information I could provide, I hope you understand.

Warmest Regards

Heloise

apsm100, BradleyJ., lando and 7 others like this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 1, 2016

Thanks @JimInOz
    The only cuffed in my neck of the woods is
    image.jpeg
    Which is never good for your watch case let alone your hesalite.

NyCSnEaK, Epictetus and JimInOz like this.
  6. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Feb 1, 2016

the hesalite of a new speedy is somewhat equivalent of a nagging "service reminder" in a modern car ...

when its too obvious that its scratched up, than you might ask yourself when was the last time you had it serviced. Currently the swiss watch industry is in legal debate with Apple on who invented this indicator. Apple claims, the swiss copied them in 1867.

just like you can bypass the service reminder, you can also polish the scratch away.

or stop wearing trousers

or watches

or so

al

7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 15, 2019

Worth a bump for the laugh

Seems like some read old posts as someone new just liked a post. :thumbsup:

Sidnos and apsm100 like this.