Forums Latest Members
  1. mclarenvst Sep 10, 2021

Hello everybody! I'm a new member and this is my first post!
    I introduce myself: My name is Victor and I'm from Barcelona. I currently own (and enjoy!) only one Omega, the Speedmaster Professional reference 3572.50, which I recently bought after selling my Planet Ocean of 39,5 mm of diameter.

And here is my thread:
    After a lot of thinking and search which reference to buy of the Speedy, I decided to went for the 3572.50 because it had hesalite on the front and an opened sapphire caseback. At the moment of the search I found in this very forum that it also was a 3592.50 reference with the same combination, although in this case, the caliber wasn't a 1863, but a 863. The dial was with tritium instead of luminova, and after evaluating the pros and cons of both models, I decided to go for the 3572.50.

As I said, I did a lot of research looking for references in this forum, in Fratello, Hodinkee, and Google in general... or this is what I thought, because I was almost sure that these both references mentioned above were the only ones with hesalite and sapphire (without being limited editions). But now I've casually seen that it seems that there is another reference with "hesalite sandwich", the 38.725.031
    I've been looking for information about this model, but I haven't found anything. What I've seen is that it came with a leather strap, but I guess that it could be another very similar reference with bracelet as well.

Does someone know something about it? Years of production, its details... anything? (apart from the little information that Omega gives on its own page when you enter the reference).

I hope your wisdom can put light in my darkness.

Pazzo likes this.
  2. ext1 Sep 10, 2021

mclarenvst and kgb like this.
  3. mclarenvst Sep 10, 2021

Oh! I didn't know this website. Thank you very much! It makes totally sense, now that I see it.

Sorry for my ignorance, I still have a lot to learn on Speedies! And thanks again for the info!

4. TDBK Sep 11, 2021

Also 345.0808 and 145.0808.

PXL_20210301_151350643.jpg

hansmaulwurf and mclarenvst like this.
  5. mclarenvst Sep 11, 2021

I didn't know these ones either!

I've found some information about them in Fratello's website:

"These Speedmaster Professional models with caliber 863 movement and sapphire case back were numbered and assumed is that there are only 1000 of them produced at the time. We are talking about the reference 145.0808 watch (on leather, and reference 345.0808 for the version on a stainless steel bracelet)."

6. Sicario Wombat Sep 12, 2021

You have chosen wisely!

I've owned a few Speedmasters... and the 3572.50 is my favourite. Hesalite front and the gorgeous sapphire casebook to soak up the wonder of that 1863 movement - I can't think of anything better. Top tip... Polywatch is your best companion for your Speedy's front!

I wear my 3572.50 mostly on leather straps or recently on Erika's Original (super comfy!).

Here's another Fratello article about the 3572.50... https://www.fratellowatches.com/caliber-1863-speedmaster-professional-3572-50/

Enjoy and hold on to it... they're pretty difficult to find nowadays.

This one is a keeper! :)

IMG_1678.JPG IMG_1680.JPG

Edited Sep 13, 2021
  7. mclarenvst Sep 13, 2021

Thank you very much for your words and your recommendations, Sicario! I appreciate it!

I agree with you! The first thing I did when I opened the box was to change the bracelet for a black leather strap, I prefer it this way!
    And I also have an Erika's strap, but with a blue line... I have to try it to see if it looks as nice as yours with the red accent! haha

I already tried the Polywatch! Although the watch came in pretty good condition with no marks on the case nor the bracelet, it had a very little scratches in the Hesalite. After seeing some videos and reading some experiences with the Polywatch I ordered it through Amazon and tried it very carefully. And indeed! It's magic!

Now I'm looking for the books of the history of the Moonwatch as well! ;)

Sicario Wombat likes this.
  8. Pazzo Sep 13, 2021

Maybe you don't realize it yet but you're trapped. The Moonwatch has worked its magic on you too. ..

.. Welcome aboard.. :)

Sicario Wombat likes this.
  9. mclarenvst Sep 13, 2021

Hahaha This is what I was exactly thinking 5 minutes ago! I've found myself looking at it like if I was hypnotised :D I've fallen in love with it!

Thanks, Pazzo!

Pazzo and Sicario Wombat like this.
  10. Sicario Wombat Sep 13, 2021

;););)
    Yeah! Tell me about it! A few expensive Speedmaster magic spells have been cast too often in my direction! ;)

Edited Sep 13, 2021
    Pazzo likes this.
  11. Pupone Sep 13, 2021

Been in love with mine since 2012, you made the right call!

Since summer is slowly coming to and end here, I'm gonna switch for a leather strap too... can't wait!

PXL_20210816_133114803.PORTRAIT.jpg
  12. kgb Sep 13, 2021

When I was researching the Speedmaster, I also wanted a Hesalite sandwich. But I wanted tritium dial and the 863 gilt movement. As you noted, 3592.50 and 345.0808 fit this bill. But actually some early 3572.50 also came in this configuration (around 95-97). That is what I finally found and bought. I just love it. IMG_3068b.jpg

13. Absin2 Sep 16, 2021

Congratulations