Heritage Seamaster 300 stainless steel bracelet question…

My personal rule is : always buy on steel bracelet (unless the bracelet is not an option like FOIS for example), then get any aftermaket strap, either OEM or strap brands or chinese crap.
Buying the SS bracelet after the watch is very expensive.

Last year I was quoted $2070 CAD for titanium bracelet for planet ocean chronograph. 🙁

That looks nice. I love shell. Tough stuff, looks great, loves to be brushed.

I'll be interested to hear what your assessment of this watch is after a few months, Bob. Personally, I really like mine.

I'll be interested to hear what your assessment of this watch is after a few months, Bob. Personally, I really like mine.

Im actually pretty smitten with it already. What’s your opinion on the new blue/ultra blue Heritage?

IMG_3328.jpeg

Im actually pretty smitten with it already. What’s your opinion on the new blue/ultra blue Heritage?

IMG_3328.jpeg

Do you want mine after 3 months of wear or is it obvious to everyone at this point? 😜

Do you want mine after 3 months of wear or is it obvious to everyone at this point? 😜

Tell me more…

IMG_3328.jpeg
I'm more traditional with dial colors. The only blue dial watch that I ever really cared for was my Globemaster with the steel case/bracelet and blue dial, which I ended up selling for other reasons. This is not intended as a criticism of the blue versions of the Heritage - still the same great watch inside as my black dialed version. The blue dial is just not my thing.

Tell me more…

When the Summer Blues first got announced, I thought for sure I'd hate the blue on blue look. Like others, I thought to myself "wouldn't it be great if it had that dial but with classic white markers? But it grew on me until I finally went to go see one, and it's definitely true that pictures don't really do a good job of showing how unique the dial is. You definitely need to like blue to like this watch, so it's not going to be for everyone. I do like blue watches, a lot- the first watch I bought myself as a teen was a Casio with a blue dial close to the same blue on the VC Overseas. Looking at a blue dial provides me a spot of color on a cloudy day and it's always been something I've enjoyed, and this blue dial especially is a joy to look at on cloudy days as well as sunny ones.

I love this watch. the dial is fantastic and incredibly dynamic, the markers are beautiful and the hands- especially in direct sunlight, are absolutely spectacular with the way the light blue contrasts with the bright silver of the rhodium plate. Ironically, I think that's one thing this heritage model REALLY has on the standard one- the light blue markers and hands really work in sunlight and are a lot more attractive than the vintage inspired fauxtina. I say "Ironically" because I was genuinely concerned about the lighter blue markers when this first was released, but they're a huge, huge strength of this watch. The lighter blue markers don't inhibit visibility, and the ceramic bezel really works with the dial. I also think the ceramic is another big plus. It goes without saying that many Omegas aren't done justice by pictures, but this is one of those watches where pictures really just can't capture the essence of the watch, as the dial shifts constantly (but very subtly compared to the ceramic dials of the SMP and PO). You really have to see it in person, and see it in different lighting conditions.

I totally understand why some might have difficulty liking the Summer Blue watches- you've got to like blue and you've got to like the gradient dial as well, it's a non-traditional look with a lot of je ne sais quoi. I haven't found a single outfit or color it doesn't work with, and when I wear a different watch, I find myself constantly wishing I was looking at the dynamic summer blue dial.

I can't sell you or anyone else on this particular ref... I tend to be drawn to watches that don't quite fit the tool watch mold but have some of that look with some vintage callback. I will say, if you're considering it and it didn't turn you totally off by being unique (and blue), go see it in person if you can. it's a really, really special piece. I love this watch, and it's a pleasure to wear.

When the Summer Blues first got announced, I thought for sure I'd hate the blue on blue look. Like others, I thought to myself "wouldn't it be great if it had that dial but with classic white markers? But it grew on me until I finally went to go see one, and it's definitely true that pictures don't really do a good job of showing how unique the dial is. You definitely need to like blue to like this watch, so it's not going to be for everyone. I do like blue watches, a lot- the first watch I bought myself as a teen was a Casio with a blue dial close to the same blue on the VC Overseas. Looking at a blue dial provides me a spot of color on a cloudy day and it's always been something I've enjoyed, and this blue dial especially is a joy to look at on cloudy days as well as sunny ones.

I love this watch. the dial is fantastic and incredibly dynamic, the markers are beautiful and the hands- especially in direct sunlight, are absolutely spectacular with the way the light blue contrasts with the bright silver of the rhodium plate. Ironically, I think that's one thing this heritage model REALLY has on the standard one- the light blue markers and hands really work in sunlight and are a lot more attractive than the vintage inspired fauxtina. I say "Ironically" because I was genuinely concerned about the lighter blue markers when this first was released, but they're a huge, huge strength of this watch. The lighter blue markers don't inhibit visibility, and the ceramic bezel really works with the dial. I also think the ceramic is another big plus. It goes without saying that many Omegas aren't done justice by pictures, but this is one of those watches where pictures really just can't capture the essence of the watch, as the dial shifts constantly (but very subtly compared to the ceramic dials of the SMP and PO). You really have to see it in person, and see it in different lighting conditions.

I totally understand why some might have difficulty liking the Summer Blue watches- you've got to like blue and you've got to like the gradient dial as well, it's a non-traditional look with a lot of je ne sais quoi. I haven't found a single outfit or color it doesn't work with, and when I wear a different watch, I find myself constantly wishing I was looking at the dynamic summer blue dial.

I can't sell you or anyone else on this particular ref... I tend to be drawn to watches that don't quite fit the tool watch mold but have some of that look with some vintage callback. I will say, if you're considering it and it didn't turn you totally off by being unique (and blue), go see it in person if you can. it's a really, really special piece. I love this watch, and it's a pleasure to wear.

Wow. At the very least, if Omega doesn’t use you to sell this watch, they’re missing quite an opportunity. The powder blue markers were a bit much for me at first blush, but you’ve successfully got me reconsidering. Thanks.

020STZ014057 is the bracelet number.

Al, the Spectre bracelet that comes with the watch is completely brushed (watch ref. 233.32.41.21.01.001). Would you happen to know the ref. number for this complete bracelet, if available? Thanks.

Al, the Spectre bracelet that comes with the watch is completely brushed (watch ref. 233.32.41.21.01.001). Would you happen to know the ref. number for this complete bracelet, if available? Thanks.

020STZ003184

Have you been able to confirm that the first generation bracelet fits the second gen head? You could also have a watchmaker brush a second gen bracelet.

Also- how do you like it at this point?

I’ve got one on order, will keep you posted. I wish the second generation bracelet went from 21mm to 18mm; the 21mm to 16mm is comfy, but not sure I like the look vs the thicker clasp area.