Forums Latest Members
  1. ConElPueblo Aug 28, 2016

...and here's the result:

DSC_0091.JPG
    (it's my own gold-capped 14381 on the right).

It was an online purchase from lauritz.com, and it really turned out to be a stunner. The auction close-up photos, naturally, emphasised the scratches and in the flesh it's in very good condition (though the low-quality lighting at the coffee shop prevented me from showing that here ::facepalm2:: ).

Auction photo:
    [​IMG]

That dial is truly exquisite, which wasn't obvious from the advert. The center of the dial is matte, while the edge of the dial has a polished look, and it is VERY eye-catching ::love::::love::

I've set my sights on something similar now... Pedigree, great looks, wearability - this is a watch that punches way above its weight! Very happy on behalf of my friend and an example on how a newbie can use advice to avoid getting distracted by in expensive, overpolished run-of-the-mill examples peddled all over the web. This will retain its value, even after a thorough service :thumbsup:

By the way, he managed to bag this without overwhelming me (or others) with constant "Is this a good example?", "Is this a good price?!?" or any "Do you think this will be too small??". Other newbies, learn from this.

ahartfie, Willem023, ChrisN and 3 others like this.
  2. ulackfocus Aug 28, 2016

Nice watch. If a suitable correct replacement crown can be found it'll be even better.

cristos71 likes this.
  3. ConElPueblo Aug 28, 2016

Indeed, that would lift the watch further cosmetically. It has some movement issues, but nothing that won't be fixed by a service... I think I'll put up a WTB for one and a few other small items I'm missing :)

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 28, 2016

Even smart enough to buy SS :whistling:. ;)

ConElPueblo likes this.
  5. tapaptpat Aug 28, 2016

Great result, I have been hit by the crown fairy more than once. I think you've done your friend a wonderful service. Because it didn't go help me buy a watch meaning. You find a watch I should buy. He decided with your help. Meaning he is going to more than happy. Having handeled real example find one he likes. Learning all the way. Just you wait he'll be bagging watches you'll be trying to get him to sell you..

Another little monster has been born.

[emoji85]

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

6. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Aug 28, 2016

Great start. You got him hooked, now reel him in. More Connies on the horizon?

7. Kja Aug 28, 2016

I might have the crown you need.. An original example too. I'll send a pm.

8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Aug 28, 2016

Make sure he joins the forum so that we can enable his new addiction. ::stirthepot::

9. Optimizer13 Aug 28, 2016

Stunning example and I can imagine it looks so much better in person! Tell your friend that you deserve a beer, I think! :thumbsup: