Forums Latest Members
  1. Kris73 Mar 12, 2017

Hello, wonder if anyone can help? I have a vintage Omega watch with no papers. It was purchased from a reputable antique dealer but I can't identify it and want to find out more. Any assistance in how I can find out would be appreciated. Photo added. Thanks, Kris

image.jpg
  2. lillatroll Mar 12, 2017

Take the case back off and it will tell you reference number. You can find out all about the watch from there. There will be a three digit number on the movement. You can cross check the movement and case reference to find out if they match. You probably want to take it to a shop to take the case back off.

3. cristos71 Mar 12, 2017

Hello and welcome. Did you not ask the dealer whom you bought it from for more information regarding it? That's the first place I'd start as they probably opened it up looking for any identifying hallmarks. Looks like a mid 50's "Omega Automatic" to me. I'm not sure of the ref, or cal.

Syrte likes this.
  4. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Mar 12, 2017

Hi there, if you have to have it opened it's advisable you go to a professional watchmaker -- not a jeweler or a person who just changes batteries.
    The latter might damage the case while trying to open it -- and that will be irreversible.
    Best regards,
    S

5. Kris73 Mar 12, 2017

Thanks for the reply, however my wife purchased this for me a few years ago on impulse, so she wouldn't have thought to ask! I will do as you and others suggest and have the back taken off professionally, just curious that someone may be able to suggest a model and approximate era from the face, however I appreciate it's not that simple.
    will do - thanks!

6. Kris73 Mar 12, 2017

Thanks!

7. Kris73 Mar 12, 2017

Thank you!

Syrte likes this.
  8. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Mar 12, 2017

Pleasure

9. No Mercy Mar 13, 2017

Yours may be ref. 2866 SC. Very beautiful original 2 tone dial with "red marble" like insert on 3-6-9-12 markers. The crown has been replaced, the original one is 8 sided crown.