Forums Latest Members
  1. thibaut Aug 15, 2013

Hi
    I just acquired this watch from my grand father
    I think the model is 1965-1970 period
    The case is in gold
    Any information about the model, year, movement and value on market would be much appreciated.
    Thanks for your time

image (1).jpeg image (3).jpeg
  2. Dablitzer Aug 15, 2013

The best way to give you all this information is to take it to a jewellers and get the numbers inside the watch, in order to date it we will need the serial number (on the movement,mechanics) and the case reference (usually inside the case back) We can always estimate, but accuracy depends on the nitty gritty. ;) Ps. Market value will depend on a few factors, will let others chime in on that..Cheers

3. ulackfocus Aug 15, 2013

First, nice heirloom. Second, what kind of gold? Gold filled, gold plated 14ct gold, 18ct gold? That will have a HUGE effect on value. Last, what caliber? A 56x will make it a couple hundred more valuable than a 101x. Gotta see the inside of the caseback and movement to tell you the year it was made and get a assessment of the watch.

4. thibaut Aug 15, 2013

Hi
    I just check the hallmark at the back of the case , its is an eagle so I think it is 18ct gold.

5. Hijak Aug 15, 2013

eagle? pictures!!!::popcorn::

6. thibaut Aug 15, 2013

basich1.jpg
    Hi the hallmark at the back of the case is an eagle’s head like the picture.
    I couldn't send a picture as it is too small and I had to use a magnifying glass.
    Thanks

7. ulackfocus Aug 15, 2013

So it's an 18ct case meant for the French market.

8. thibaut Aug 15, 2013

Great Thanks!
    I will go to omega store and ask them to open the case to see inside in order to identify the caliber.
    I don't feel comfortable to open it myself even if it is a press-in case back.