Forums Latest Members

help with verification of authenticity - papers and box / thank you

1. Axel_84 Dec 25, 2017

Hi all, I would greatly appreciate your help with verification of authenticity my papers and box for Speedmaster year 1991.
    I have just got a book Moonwatch and according to this "watch bible" (really awesome publication) I have found some incongruities...
    My international warranty card doesn't have pre-printed ( how it should be according to MWO) Ref. number and watch number. As you can see below on the first line is a stamp and then handwritten watch number..

[​IMG]
    Also the box looks strange... I can't identify this box in the book. Dimensionally matches the classic "leather" box from 90' but the material is different.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What you thing about that, please? Thank you very much for your advice and help!;)

2. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 25, 2017

Both box and card look correct for a 1990s Omega. Many of the these cards were hand written so that isn't really a concern. That kind of box always deteriorates horribly and leaves red dust flakes everywhere, the card wallet too.

Axel_84 likes this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 25, 2017

I see no issue. I wish I knew the reasoning on why some watches are preprinted warranty cards and some are hand written. I’ve got a 3313 POC from 6 years ago with a handwritten one.

Axel_84 likes this.
  4. maxbelg Dec 26, 2017

I have the same type of box with the same deterioration from the 1990s.....

Axel_84 likes this.
  5. Axel_84 Dec 26, 2017

Guys, thank you very much for your comments and help! Great :thumbsup:

6. Breizhoneg! Sep 30, 2018

Would like to use this tread for the same advice/check need on a 1991' Speedy?
    Can I?
    Thanks in advance

7. tyrantlizardrex Sep 30, 2018

Please start a new thread...

Breizhoneg! likes this.