Forums Latest Members

Help with unlinking eBay to PayPal

1. bill5959 Dec 22, 2016

So I rarely buy on eBay. Last time I did, I had to sign into PayPal to complete payment. Not today-----EBay has now linked me back to PP and won't let me unlink without listing another payment method. So this means they have unlimited access to my money. And it looks as though they can go thru PP to my linked bank account and credit card. Am I missing something here besides the obvious----they, as a German friend once said, will tell the jokes and we will laugh? ::censored::

2. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Dec 22, 2016

When I purchase, I have the option to use Paypal and/or independent credit card..
    Do you not get this option?

3. bill5959 Dec 22, 2016

I can use an option of PP, credit card or bank account but on my account it seems one must always be active so they can remove fees etc as they wish. I am often guilty of operator error but can't find my way out of this.

Curiously I search on Safari and find a hit on how to unlink in the eBay community, but I go there and it says I am not authorized to read the page.

4. ulackfocus Dec 22, 2016

No soup for you!

5. bill5959 Dec 22, 2016

No nuts for you. :D

ulackfocus likes this.
  6. ulackfocus Dec 22, 2016

7. ConElPueblo Dec 22, 2016

::confused2::::confused2::::confused2::::confused2::::confused2::::confused2::::confused2::

8. bill5959 Dec 22, 2016

How do you put a nut fire out anyway?

9. marturx Dec 22, 2016

That's eBay/ Paypal in a nutshell. They can take your money whenever they want to, and there's nothing you can do about it. It has happened to me, so I know they can

10. cvrle1 Dec 22, 2016

I honestly dont know how they take your money whenever they want. In 5+ years of dealing with both, only time they took my money is when I authorized them to do so. I think you need to get one of these :p

[​IMG]

11. bill5959 Dec 22, 2016

Well, i didn't say they will just take money without "justification". But they do have access and no obligation to apparently inform you unless reading tiny print is you thing. But let's say you lose an argument, or don't like an arbitrary fee they impose, and want to take it to court (I know, they probably say you are subject to their form of justice and have no appeal---that's why the financial industry binds you to arbitration. That's why, Our DemiGod here in NEngland lost on appeal over deflategate.). Anyway, it's easier to fight if you still have your money. And their arbitrariness is well known. How many people come on here and talk about the unfairness of the EBay system? So I will not let them have access to my accounts. Really, tying you to PP? Keep in mind that has the legal effect of putting a lien on your assets, and hindering you from using PayPal for purposes unrelated to eBay. Money flowing thru eBay for other business purposes is AVAILABLE to them, as I read it.

12. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 22, 2016

No. He lost because he's a cheater and set up someone else to take the fall for him. It was going on for years and well known throughout the league. The Patriots weren't the only ones. Brady just got caught.

However, Goodell shouldn't have been judge, jury and executioner either. A clear conflict of interest.

Two wrongs don't make it right.
    gatorcpa

blufinz52 likes this.
  13. Faz Dec 22, 2016

They can only take money that is available in your PayPal account. They can't access you bank account or pay themselves on the CC you have on file. at least not in Canada

14. Faz Dec 22, 2016

I also think that adhering to Paypal is mandatory if you want to be an eBay member? Not 100% sure on this one.

15. bill5959 Dec 22, 2016

I said he lost on appeal because arbitration clauses are almost impossible to appeal. The Federal Dt judge here booted the case because hey he has to live with the nutjobs who deify the Patriots. Deflategate was like getting caught on tax evasion when you've been murdering people for years but they can't find the bodies. The Players Unnion needs better lawyers. Roger got around the edge on them. No conflict of interest because the contract says so and issues are subject to arbitration. I also think you can make the argument that two wrongs can make a right.

16. marturx Dec 22, 2016

It took me 9 years to deal with eBay/ Paypal, before it happened to me. I lost the value of a Speedmaster plus the eBay and Paypal fees which they refused to refund, for a sale where I in the end wasn't paid for (since eBay refunded the payment without my consent)

But, by all means, continue to deal with them. Until they screw you over too. Then you can join the foil hat club

17. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Dec 22, 2016

nobody has unlimited access to your money except you.

18. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 22, 2016

Oh, you mean like Aaron Hernandez or Al Capone?

Note my avatar logo.
    gatorcpa