Forums Latest Members
  1. CottonMather Aug 10, 2018

I wore this watch for many years, but put it sat in a draw for about a year. I plan to have it serviced as it's stopping and starting for new reasons right now, but I was wondering if anyone here had any guesses as to age/model. There is no visible reference number, so I assume it's inside.

The watch is mechanical, has a non-recessed sub-second hand, and the only writing on the dial is the brand name and "SWISS MADE," just beneath the 6 O'Clock position.

Any insights would be appreciated!

IMG_1033.jpg IMG_1031.jpg
  2. gdupree Aug 10, 2018

It appears to be an old Seamaster, but obviously without the "Seamaster" text on the dial. I believe there are legitimate Seamaster without such text, but it's possible or perhaps likely that this dial has been repainted.

There are literally hundreds of variations of vintage Seamasters, and I really don't know than a couple of google's-worth of information about them so I wont comment further on that. But, as you suspect, the reference number of the specific model will be located inside the case, which will give you everything you need to know to determine it's model and age. Let us know if you get that information or pictures of the inside.

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 10, 2018

Many Omegas did not belong to a specific line like Seamaster, this may one of them, regardless the dial has been rather poorly refinished and the case heavily polished.

Identifying information will be found on the inside of the case back and the serial number on the movement will give an approximate construction date.

Dgercp, Foo2rama and Tet like this.
  4. sevykor Aug 10, 2018

Beautiful watch. Love the dauphine hands! Opening it will give you the info needed.

5. Draven Aug 10, 2018

The dial has most definitely been refinished and as mentioned a bit polished. Would like to see inside the caseback for more information.