Forums Latest Members
  1. raider44 Jul 10, 2017

was wondering if i could get some opinions on this 2179/3?

i notice no US ARMY inscription on the case back. does this mean that it is civilian and not military issue?

i am a complete novice so i don't entirely trust my own opinion... that said, the dial looks OK to me... maybe the hands have had the lume removed?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-Omeg...016220?hash=item1c8962785c:g:eBgAAOSwvjdZTp55Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jul 10, 2017

Hands have been relumed. I agree with you on the dial. Caseback has been polished enough that even if it had the very light US ARMY inscription, it may not readily show up.
    There were civilian models and rumors of military issued without inscription..

I feel this seller is quite a bit overpriced, I bought one recently with inscription for much, much less.
    Here's mine.

IMGP4320-1.jpg IMGP4326-1.jpg

I'd pass and wait for a better one, or perhaps offer about half what he's asking if you really like the watch.

Good luck!

propervinyl, gatorcpa and kyle L like this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 10, 2017

I'm with @UncleBuck on this, although it could be an issued watch as the caseback has seen some serious wear caused by a one piece nylon strap and has been polished to clean up the surface, thereby removing the stamping which was usually very light.

And very expensive as well.