Forums Latest Members
  1. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 26, 2013

Considering this one.... for 1959, the serial seems in the right range. Does it look all-original non-retouched? I am not familiar with this particular reference. The dial looks pretty good to me. The hands look new though... I'm thinking they are perhaps replacements. Would appreciate comments on condition from those more knowledgeable than I. Thanks all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-Rare-U...215160273?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item4179bacfd1Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 26, 2013

Dial appears original, hands are too long, case is very polished.

I'd pass especially at that price.

3. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Nov 26, 2013

Dial is original. The hands are incorrect replacements. Given the heavy wear on the case I would stay away.

4. CdnWatchDoc Nov 26, 2013

I have now seen many queries about this seller, and I personally perused their website. Many of their pieces are "polished" or "refurbished" or "restored"...and several have mis-matched parts, and the prices are higher than I would pay. I can see the "Oooh, shiny" come on, but I am disturbed that many buyers are being led astray. Does anyone have experience with these guys? They claim to be from Canada, but I wonder if they are a front for some franken factory?

mediro likes this.
  5. ulackfocus Nov 26, 2013

They probably have a nice piece or two on occasion. Not this one though. One of my rules is that any retailer that has the word 'quality' in their name probably doesn't have much quality merchandise to speak of.

6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 26, 2013

Thanks all, moving on. The '59 search continues.

7. Habitant Nov 27, 2013

Their particular use of English and the style of their eBay page smacks of the Far East to me... there are a few stores on eBay alleging to be sited in Europe or North America, but actually shipping their items in from India, China and so on. You have to keep your eyes open out there, folks.