Forums Latest Members
  1. StangerP51 Jan 21, 2021

So, I purchased this project watch a few years back with the intent of restoring her but other projects jumped ahead of her and she's sat idling for a while. At the minimum, she needs a new stem, crown, an hour hand (the minute and second hands are blued, but the hour is not), and likely a general servicing of the movement. I'm trying to find a quality watchmaker to help with this, so any recommendations are welcome (;)).

My question, however, is focused more on the "ΣΑΕ" printed on the dial. Since I was in this fraternity while in college, there was an immediate connection. I've done research over the years and haven't found any other watches quite like this (certainly none from the time period).

Anyone have any info or thoughts on next steps for the research process?

Also, I haven't been able to find a reliable source for dating the watch or case. Anyone know what movement and date ranges I'm looking at?

Best,
    Nate

IMG_3977.jpg IMG_3978.jpg

2. cvalue13 Jan 21, 2021

Waltesefalcon and Foo2rama like this.
  3. StangerP51 Jan 21, 2021

@cvalue13, ha! Definitely cut from the same cloth (or drank from the same bottle).

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that one.

I didn't realize that custom dialing was common for older vintage watches. I know some storefronts would do this, but I haven't seen that many corporate/organizational ones from what I'm assuming is c.1920-30s.

cvalue13 likes this.