Forums Latest Members
  1. jdeevers Nov 15, 2015

Hello All,

I've recently brought a Mk II Telestop back from the brink and have been trying to discover further information about its history. The case number is 145.037 (c.861) and principally differs from the 'regular' 145.014 Mk II in that it has chronograph pushers that extend farther from the case and are threaded at the bottom (near the case) to accept a set of remote-control cables (similar to a camera's remote shutter release.)

Internet information is pretty sketchy: the telestop is always referred to as rare, yet nobody seems to know production numbers. I've found a few photos on the internet which show the cable/actuator assembly, but I don't know if these were supplied by Omega or user-fabricated. I've also seen photos that depict the watch with caps that extend over the entire chrono pushers. Speculation varies as to the intended purpose for the Telestop: chronograph operation in remote and awkward conditions like while one is engaged in a race, while wearing gloves, while firing a starter pistol, etc.

I've included a few photos that show the detail around the pushers: the additional threads at the base, the additional clearance in the case around the pushers to allow room for the cable attachment, and the additional extension of the start/stop/reset pusher from the case. The watch is in pretty good shape, but has clearly been a tool in someone's kit for some time.

It would be very interesting to know what Omega's intent for this model was, the impetus behind its design, and how it was represented in their marketing.

Any information that can be contributed to the story would be very appreciated.

Best Regards

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG

pmontoyap, Dash1, Dogmann and 4 others like this.
  2. Dash1 Feb 15, 2017

I would also be interested in any information on this very rare Speedy.

3. Peter Courtney Apr 23, 2022

Edited Apr 23, 2022